Sport Bikes banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

· Registered
18,047 Posts
So there is no reason to avoid it right? You're smart enough not to be affected by propoganda, right? Nothing to be afraid of, right?

I'd love to be able to have an intelligent and INFORMED discussion of the subject with a right-winger or two. So far, all I hear is UNINFORMED BS.

Oh and I can already see it now. Election day comes, Kerry wins and you are here blaming the election on "morons who got fooled by Moore." But, of course, the numbers won't really support that theory, will they?

· Registered
837 Posts
jim schmidt said:
So there is no reason to avoid it right? You're smart enough not to be affected by propoganda, right? Nothing to be afraid of, right?

I'd love to be able to have an intelligent and INFORMED discussion of the subject with a right-winger or two. So far, all I hear is UNINFORMED BS.

Oh and I can already see it now. Election day comes, Kerry wins and you are here blaming the election on "morons who got fooled by Moore." But, of course, the numbers won't really support that theory, will they?

Did you read all the things that were against the movie??? All the things that people said about how he used editing to completly scew what people had said?? Did you take in all sides??? or are you saying "UNINFORMED BS."

Jesus look at Bowling for Columbine... a guy requested for him not to be filmed when he was showing moore a personal weapon and what did moore do??? Had the camera man hide and put subtitles of what the guy was saying... Fuck this guy... fuck his movie and fuck his viewpoints. I do not need to see this movie to be able to make a decision on who should run our country :lame

· Registered
453 Posts
jim schmidt said:

I've never bashed "Fahrenheit 9/11", but I will never see it. Why? Because I don't like Moore's style of movies (notice that I don't consider them to be documentaries). I've seen one of his previous films before... I think it was "The Big One" and didn't care for it. Do I think it should be banned? No way... I just simply don't want to see it.

From what I've heard from people who've seen his later movies (some of which liked them), his style is the same. It just reinforced my dislike for his movies when I read how he has in many cases exaggerated the truth.

You might consider my dislike for Moore to be based on my political beliefs, but I also dislike Limbaugh. I consider both to be so loyal to their politics that they only provide one-side of the issues.

Do I think that Moore's movie will affect a few voters' decisions? Yes. Do I think it'll make a difference? Not at all. I agree with you... the number of people who see the movie compared to the number who will vote will be a small percentage. Of that number, an even smaller percentage will be affected by the content. I think most of the people who saw the movie were Kerry supporters (anti-Bush) long before they bought their ticket.

You're right, no one should really criticize this movie without actually seeing it, but I don't think that by not seeing this movie you can't have an opinion about Moore himself or his work (in general).

Of course, now that I think about it, this thread is supposed to be about the movie, not about Moore, so I guess I'm guilty like most of the anti-Moore people here. Sorry. :hail :dunno

· So Sexy it hurts
685 Posts
jim schmidt said:
Oh and I can already see it now. Election day comes, Kerry wins and you are here blaming the election on "morons who got fooled by Moore."

C'mon Jim......you know me better than that :comp

Should Kerry win....me PERSONALLY...I won't BLAME anyone. Unlike the whining liberal idiots in hollywood who vowed to leave the US should he be elected, then decided to STAY and piss and moan about how he STOLE the election, or the morons who think it was some conspiracy that Bush actually won :bsflag I will gracefully accept whoEVER should be in the whitehouse for the next 4 years

I don't have to LIKE em....but I won't piss and moan about them GETTING elected.

This film WILL effect the weak minded...and unfortunatly there are many, but I'm counting on the ones who's minds have been made up already....the ones who hang up on the pollsters like myself, to come out and vote and really surprise the hell outta the media come november

Hope I'm right....but I ain't gonna :cry if I'm wrong

· Registered
18,047 Posts
sjlee said:
I've never bashed "Fahrenheit 9/11", but I will never see it.... Of course, now that I think about it, this thread is supposed to be about the movie, not about Moore, so I guess I'm guilty like most of the anti-Moore people here. Sorry. :hail :dunno
Thanks for the explanation and the thoughtfulness. It shows a level of maturity not often seen here. I appreciate it.

· Registered
4,658 Posts
10 years later...

41 - 50 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.