Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Accepting Donations
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A movies based on me and my 4 degrees of awesomeness!

Ok maybe not....

I'm going with some punks tonight at 10:45ish - right after work. Carmike on Atlantic Springs in Raleigh.

Come one come all! Check out Jessica Alba in a skin tight superhero outfit! :) :D

·
Just puttin' along
562 Posts
MMMMM Jessica Alba.

Attachments

·
Accepting Donations
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I let her walk around my place 1/2 naked:

But I got mad when I found her eating crackers in my bed.

·
Registered
552 Posts
We went and saw The Longest Yard last night and it was a damn good movie.

Let me know how your movie turns out. I am not really into the whole superhero type stuff but if you say its good, then its good I guess. haha

·
Accepting Donations
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Weeeeeeelllll..... Normally Rottentomatoes.com has been spot on for me except for three time that I can remember. War of the Worlds, All Star Wars Prequels, and Super Troopers.

So far it's not looking good for Fantabulous 4, but I'm a comic book-to-big screen fan so I'll risk it.

And always remember, if I say it's good, there's a very chance it sucks. :D

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
SalKhan said:
So far it's not looking good for Fantabulous 4, but I'm a comic book-to-big screen fan so I'll risk it.
WELL??? What's the word?

I'm NOT a comic book movie fan, but after seeing that scene in the preview when the Thing gets hit with the semi and it folds around him... I KNEW I HAD to see this movie! Maybe on my coming weekend (Mon-Tue) I'll get a chance to go check it out...

·
Accepting Donations
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I want to marry Jessica Alba and bear her children.

:D

I must admit: IMO, Rottentomatoes.com and I disagree on this one!

I really enjoyed it! Unlike War of the Idiots, there wasn't a moment in the movie where I sat there, rolled my eyes, and said "This is fucking stupid!" THere were a few moments when it was damn close, but they managed to move along to another point.

Casting may have been a bit weak with Mr. Fantastic (Gruffudd) being the most annoying out of the bunch. I don't know if he was meant to be the spineless pussy he was until the end, but it got old quick. I don't have much familiarity with the comic book, but if he was like that then, I would've killed him off and had him replaced. His Circ Du Soleil powers we on the lame side as well.

Jessica Alba would've done a great job if her character had any sort of "point". Assistant? Real Scientist? Hot chick? Could've been all 3 but they don't seem to explain it well. (But my GOD was she gorgeous!)

Chicklis as the thing wasn't bad, wasn't great. But, with that costume and the nature of his character, I guess it wasn't the easiest thing to do.

My favorite of the 4 had to be Torch (Chris Evans - yes the same dude from Not Another Teen Movie). Great one-liners, cocky, and the coolest power of course.

Dr. Troy himself, Julian McMahon, played Dr. Doom and I feel he was pretty damn good up until the very moment he put on that mask. The he just got super cliche in everything he did. He had all these powers to control electricity and he steals a Heat Seeking missile and some cans of Liquid Quick-Freeze? WTF?

The special effects weren't bad but looked as though they were hurried together. However, the story played out well with why they were in space (studying cosmic clouds/flares) to them first discovering their powers as well as coming together in the end to take out Dr. Doom.

I think being a mutli-team comic really made it difficult for the movie to work well and not feel rushed. 4 personalities instead of one (like Spiderman) and the fight scenes don't work out quite as well within in the 2ish hours your given. The ending does lend to a sequel - but I don't think it needs to be done.

It was definitely entertaining though! I'm placing it somewhere between a DVD rental and Theater pick but either way - it won't blow you away, but it will certainly keep you interested! And it's still better than the Star Wars Prequels. ;) :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts