Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased an 03 7R with 1700 miles back in April. It came with a Yosh RS-3 bolt-on. I have noticed that the fan seems to come more frequently than I think is should while riding. It will come one most frequently during my commute to work. However, the temp gauge doesn't move much. There has been on occasion, the gauge will go up to about halfway when on those extremely hot days (90+). I have seen the gauge actually go higher (one time-almost overheating) while in stop and go traffic when I first bought the bike with the factory muffler installed. I have both the Yosh and the factory. I am now at 4200 miles and not sure what to make of this fan issue. I was going to install an on/off switch for the fan but it comes on so frequently, the switch is not needed. Any suggestions? Is there a problem with the bike just running hot? Is that typicle of this model?

Also, I know the bike is running a little lean due to the Yosh and factory jetting (stage 1 jet kit will be my next purchase). However, I have not experienced any dead spots in the RPM range up to 10 or 11K in all gears.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I got an 01 and my fan goes on when the hot and cold needle is in the middle, when im in stop and go traffic its gets hot almost to the 3 1/4 on the guage, and some times when i stop after the bike getting that hot and then turn the bike bike on after maybe 20 mins or so it bogs in 2nd gear just 1 time then it quits? whats up with that?

·
Capo di tuti Capi
287 Posts
It is normal; my e-fan kicks in all the time. Especially when it is real hot out or I am stuck in traffic.

Stone

1 - 3 of 3 Posts