Sport Bikes banner

When and wherefor the Fall FZ6 Rally

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the options again folks, I think 30 days is plenty of time to vote.
Please vote on the prefered Date and Place.
I will tell you, if it is the first week in September as some had previously requested, I will not be able to do it as I will be on vacation with the family at Disney.

Skippy

Click here for more and about the Fally Rally and associated files.

·
POP
490 Posts
just trying to keep it near the top of the thread list.
Hey jceasar how about makin this a "sticky"

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If we want to do the AMA Superbike round at VIR while on the rally, it will need to be the weekend of Sept. 17th/18th.
VIR is about a 3 hour ride from the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground, or about 2 hours from the KOA campgrounds in Boone NC.

I personally think it would be a great idea to try and encapsulate the AMA round in the rally.

It would also look exceptionally cool for a whole bunch of hopped up FZ6's arriving at VIR enmasse

What do you all think?

·
Livin' on the Edge!
1,461 Posts
virtualt said:
If we want to do the AMA Superbike round at VIR while on the rally, it will need to be the weekend of Sept. 17th/18th.
VIR is about a 3 hour ride from the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground, or about 2 hours from the KOA campgrounds in Boone NC.

I personally think it would be a great idea to try and encapsulate the AMA round in the rally.

It would also look exceptionally cool for a whole bunch of hopped up FZ6's arriving at VIR enmasse

What do you all think?
PLEASE DO, PLEASE! I will be at VIR but unable to be a part of the fall rally unless this happens. Come on guys. If you've never seen an ama superbike or supersport race in person, you are just plain deprived.

·
Registered
103 Posts
FAZR6 said:
PLEASE DO, PLEASE! I will be at VIR but unable to be a part of the fall rally unless this happens. Come on guys. If you've never seen an ama superbike or supersport race in person, you are just plain deprived.
Sounds good to me. I just started a new job today so I just hope Ill be able to take off.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok folks the Blue Ridge Parkwat campground is booked for the weekend of 16th-18th of September with a bunch of Hardley riders.
They do have the following weekend the 23rd-25th.
I haven't checked with TWO or KOA yet.

Skippy

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fall Rally

Ok folks, it is getting time to let us know who will be attending the fall rally as it appears that the date will be the 17th, 18th and 19th of September and the only place that can accomodate us is the KOA in Boone NC.
As it happens, I have stayed there before and it is a great place that has 1 & 2 room cabins and ample camping space, with well thought out ammenities.

Prices range from $40-55 for the cabiins and $20-25 for tent space.
The link to the actual KOA site is in the poll thread.

The reasoning behind the dates is that it coincides with the AMA races at VIR Raceway which is less than a 3 hour ride from the campsite, (or about a tankful on an FZ6) for those that would like to experience that. After I have numbers, I will contact Yamaha and let them know we will be coming and see if we can get some special parking or pit passes, or something :a2

I would suggest that after we know how many are going that we contact the resort and try and get some kind of block booking discount?

Once that has been negotiated or not as the case may be, individuals can call and book directly under the FZ6 owners group name.

A waiver will need to be signed and brought with you, I will post it later for download, along with an emergency contact sheet, along with any important medical needs info should someone get hurt, that will also be posted on the site.
These sheets will be held by a couple of to be determined ride leaders.

I would also suggest two riding groups, 1 for a more sedate touring pace and 1 for those that like a more spirited pace.

These will need both ride leaders and sweepers to be on chatterboxes or similar compatible FRS radio systems (Volunteers needed, and you don't need to be from Kentucky to Volunteer) :twofinger .

Although this is not mandatory and everyone will obviously be able to ride wherever and whenever they want.

I will also go ahead and post a suggested preparation sheet for the trip for those that have not done this type of thing before, i.e bike and personal eguipment suggestions. That is all they will be, suggestions, and are plagurised from other rallies I have been on.

If I have missed anything let me know, I have not organised anything like this before, only been on few, and did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Skippy

·
Livin' on the Edge!
1,461 Posts
Sounds very good Skippy. I will already be at the races and have lodging in danville with my good friend jk750, but in the spirit of the event will contribute $100 towards the cost for your lodging and whatever else you want to use it towards as an appreciation for your hard work. I will paypal you directly for this and look forward to meeting up with everyone attending for some fun and social interaction, and riding. I hope there is a good turn out and I can promise that everyone will get a huge thrill by seeing one of these awesome events in person. Don't procastinate this opportunity away and get your plans in order right away!
Mike

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
Bring all them nice FZ6s to VIR! Parking is free for bikes in the infield parking lot.
Pit passes are already included in the ticket prices. The pits and paddock area are readily accessible to all.
Great for autographs, photos, seeing the sites, etc.
This is truly a fan and bike friendly venue.
VIR AMA RACES 9/17-19
Maybe Yamaha, or someone else could host a hospitality tent/area for you guys!

This is going to be great! I can't wait to go! :lol

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wel folks, the poll is closed and some 24 people voted, now is the time to belly up to the bar and let me know who is planning on going?

The date will be the VIR Raceway AMA Superbike race weekend Sept 17th-19th and the resort will be the KOA Campground in Boone NC as the Blue Ridge Parkway motorcycle resort is booked with a bunch of Hardly Rideables.

Post a reply so we get an idea on numbers.

Skippy

·
Sportbike.net junkie
1,242 Posts
I got my days off. 16th,17th, and 20th. Ill get you the forms soon. Lets see what happens between now and then

·
Sportbike.net junkie
1,242 Posts
Is anyone going????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
kdk1899 said:
Is anyone going????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok folks, as no-one has contacted me regarding this rally I am stepping away as the organiser, someone else is more than welcome to step in.

I have gone ahead and signed up for a Hare Scramble that weekend instead.

Skippy

·
Livin' on the Edge!
1,461 Posts
As I mentioned before, I will be at the races friday - sunday. If anyone is planning to go, let me know and we can arrange to hook up and hang out and of course do some riding. I will have a camp site for parking my vehicle and holding gear, etc...someone is welcome to put up a tent on it and stay there even though I will be sleeping at a hotel in Danville.

·
Sportbike.net junkie
1,242 Posts
Im thinking about making a trip down there. I plan to stop at a friends house(who is a cop now!!!) In Warrington. I already have the days off. well see what happens.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts