Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Forever the Man
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If any of you folks have the time and desire to see some great fall foliage this should be the peak week in the Arkansas Ozarks, at least up here where I am close to the Missouri border. I was driving across S. Central Missouri last week in my work van and the colors were awesome. The best we've had in six years at least. The wife and I went back up there over the weekend. Still good but not as great.

Colors should be peaking in Arkansas this week and next. The Walnut trees have already turned and lost most of their leaves. They were such a vibrant yellow this year they nearly glowed in the dark.

Maples, shumac, gum, hickory, blackjack oak are all at peak now. Not sure when the rest of the oaks will start to turn. The blackjack oaks are a deep bloodred color this year.

Great roads to ride too.

Here are a few pictures from my place.

Attachments

·
Forever the Man
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A few more. The cat is my barn cat that showed up about a week after we had to put our mini doxie Rezner down. The doe and fawn are part of the group that I have been feeding over the last several years. They started coming up for the bird seed I was leaving out for the birds. Now they get their own food. The doe has had babies for three years in a row and is herself the offspring of a doe that hung around our place all the time.

Attachments

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
Gotta say, this is one area that New England does best in. Go to Vermont in the fall and you'll see. Everything else sucks here though.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
The cake is a lie
10,153 Posts

.... And all the other trees are green with envy :eek:nfloor :eek:nfloor

^Sorry, I saw an opportunity for a pun and couldn't leaf it alone :eek:nfloor

Anyhow, yes it's been pretty darn beautiful up here as well. All the colours have pretty much changed already, though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts