Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since this is the most trafficked part of SBN I wanted to post a warning. If you get a email like this. IGNORE it. We do not ask for your password or private information.

Dear Valued Member,

According to our site policy you will have to confirm your account by the following link or else your account will be suspended within 24 hours for security reasons.

http://www.sportbikes.net/[email protected]

Thank you for your attention to this question. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,Sportbikes Security Department Assistant

·
Premium Member
14,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You will notice the URL is correct but the link is not! The link is to a different IP address. So please be smart

·
at the track
3,121 Posts
Slick.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
Is this how the dip shit got the passwords to redline's account to post the pics?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Fred said:
You will notice the URL is correct but the link is not! The link is to a different IP address. So please be smart
How can the link have a different ip? Did it show the ip directly like: 1.1.1.1/blah...??
Cause i though the dns would give back the ip from the text part "sportbikes.net".

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
dennisred69 said:
Is this how the dip shit got the passwords to redline's account to post the pics?

That's exactly what I was thinking.

·
Hardass!
8,085 Posts
Sincerely,Sportbikes Security Department Assistant
That alone would have knocked it off, its every man or woman for themeselves here at SBN, we dont need security, or no stinkin badges!

·
Like Bing and Bong
795 Posts
Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Burnspot said:
Gotta love the phishing crap....I must get 50 of these a day from all sorts of companies.

That aint phishin son..... get yer p's n q's in order. Its called spoofing. Sumtin i know a wee bit about.... (very wee bit) :lol google quick spoof then call me..... you will be bizzy for years so I dont expect a call for a while :)

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
It buys you the chance to sell one of those fancy 'shipped from the UK dirt cheap' sport bikes that everyone's raving about these days.
Use a legit member's account to list a fake sale then do as Steve Miller says and "take the money and run."

1 - 16 of 16 Posts