Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
I lost it a long time ago. As a law professor I had said the courtroom isn't about who is or isn't guilty but about which lawyer is better at manipulating the system to get what his/her client wants.

·
Full Time Slacker
3,178 Posts
If you mean jackson, there was no real evidence against him. It is not whether or not you think the guy is weird, we know that. It is whether or not there is enough evidence to convince a jury that a crime was committed. But I only had 2 years of law classes so I might be wrong. ;)

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
What did that have to do with corrupt lawyers? The state had a crappy little thief and his greedy lying mother for a victim and witness. You can't try to extort money then cry rape and still be believed. The bad part is that he was likely guilty too, as everyone knows but the celebrity baiting of the family overshadowed his guilt. It was who looks worse there, the family or Jackson?

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I mean, everything. The baseless traffic citations, Jackson's trial, OJ's trial. This judicial system needs a complete overhaul soon. Innocent going to jail, or wrongly sued etc. I just bothers me, I thought they had enough to convict Jackson and he walks away. I wasn't a juror, but it looked like a pretty good case to me.

·
Old school fool
5,720 Posts
We know nothing about this case, just what the paid talking heads said after the fact. The only people who are upset are those with preconcieved notions about his guilt or innocence.

Honestly, those people on the jury are from a small town. They have a broad background of experience and knowledge, and they actually sat there on their asses through the whole trial. I figure they know more about the situation than I do.

·
Believe It or Not........
5,339 Posts
tmkreutzer said:
We know nothing about this case, just what the paid talking heads said after the fact. The only people who are upset are those with preconcieved notions about his guilt or innocence.

Honestly, those people on the jury are from a small town. They have a broad background of experience and knowledge, and they actually sat there on their asses through the whole trial. I figure they know more about the situation than I do.

Ding, Ding, Ding!

I agree. I wasn't there so I'm not upset at all about their decision. Hopefully, they can go back to their lives.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
mikem317 said:
This judicial system needs a complete overhaul soon.
Yeah, I mean let's let the politicians overhaul the court system, that'll fix it! :rolleyes

It appears that the overhaul it needs is a dial '1' for innocent and '2' for guilty because the decision of a jury whose job is to determine guilt BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT, is apparently unable to reach a foregone conclusion from the trial carried out in the media.

It would be a perfect solution! It fits in with reality TV, fits the mob mentality, and saves a lot of time and money.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
mikem317 said:
Anybody still have it?

Yeppers...and I am reporting for jury duty on monday the 20th. Slam it all you want, but hope there is some integrity left when you face your day in court...

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
bumblebee said:
Yeppers...and I am reporting for jury duty on monday the 20th. Slam it all you want, but hope there is some integrity left when you face your day in court...
I don't think my comment was a slam per se, but just to question the integrity of the system. How to fix it, does it need fixing? I mean, this same frame work has been up for almost 350 some-odd years. Does is still relevant to 21st century crime? Have we evolved as a society where the system still functions? Has it ever functioned?

Innocent get locked up, guilty walk free sometimes. Is there a way to design a more perfect system? Or at least better than the status quo?

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
The jury system is still the best...the problem is...everyone tries to get out of jury duty. Next time you get a summons for duty and scheme a way to get out...ask yourself if you would like to have your case decided by people who respect and want to be a part of the integrity of the system...or people too stupid to get out of it???

1 - 20 of 41 Posts