Sport Bikes banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw an R1 the other day that looked like it had some quick fasteners holding the upper fairing on. They looked sorta like an pin with a D ring on it. I am assuming it was some sort of "threadless" faster. I was looking to get rid of the screws in my fairings on my R6 since some of them can be a real pain to line up the threads and get them to grab. Would also make taking them on and off easier.

Any one have any idea what I am talking about? Some one told me they thought they came stock on the new R1's. But all the pics I have seen show the regular philips screws on it. They may just end up costing more then they are really worth to me since I don't have to take the fairings off that often compaired to what you guys racing probably do. But I figured it was worth at least inquiring about.

·
Registered
331 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
999Duc said:
They are called Dzus fasteners and yes they are quick connect fasteners.
Yup that looks like what I saw. Thanks. I will have to check them out.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, how do they work. They seem to work differently then I was figuring. Looks to me like its a D ring pin with some sort of cotter pin going through the back of the fairing? How do you actually use them if you have to put the pin in the back? Also do they make them for OEM plastics?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Mine have a clip type fastener that clips onto the fairing and recieves the quarter turn D ring fastener.

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
you don't have any stickers :eek:nfloor
damn dude you must be way down on hp

·
Go #214!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2,390 Posts
Dzus a must if you are racing...makes taking the lowers off to go through tech easier, makes fixing the bike after crashing easier, makes adjusting shock easier....you get the picture. Good way to spend some $$

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
The DZUS or PANEX fasteners will require either a drilled & rivetted or clip-on receiver. These fasteners are nice to have. Be aware, depending on your machine, some fab might be required to get them to fasten properly.

They also make two types, one for:
OEM ABS bodywork
racing or fiberglass bodywork

1 - 12 of 12 Posts