Sport Bikes banner

Failed Motorcycles that We Love

5K views 44 replies 23 participants last post by  jk750 
#1 ·
I posted this topic on another forum and it got a lot of replies. Maybe it will interest some people over here too.

My favorite "failed" motorcycle is the Yamaha GTS1000.

What a beauty!!!

My 2nd is the Hawk GT

And if anyone mentions the TL, I'm going to punch them in the eye!!! :mad: ;) :D

See less See more
#4 ·
Why was the GTS1000 discontinued, too expensive?

I do remember articles about it when it was the latest in technology, every magazine said it was the easiest and best handling bike out there!
I think it even had better technology that current BMW suspensions.

#5 ·
redvtwin2 said:
Has to be the TL.....that bike got the short end of the ramrod by Suzuki....oh well, can't complain now it is a cult bike.
Gotta agree with you about the TL. I had a '97 TLS and that was such a great bike. I could understand why some of the racers didn't like it bacause of the little extra weight and the rotary damper, but as far as street bikes go, it ranks among one of my favorites. IMHO, There is no bike that sounds better than a TL with a set of Yosh pipes on it.

#10 · (Edited)
The Norton F1. Wankel rotary engine in a motorcycle, what more do you need. :cool:

Oh yeah, how about a radiator that is sufficient to keep that beast cool. The Norton guys did all preproduction testing with the bodywork removed and everything worked great. With the plastic on, though, the radiator didn't get enough airflow and the F1's were notorious for overheating and....<shudder>...seizing.

If I could figure out a way to post them, I've got a couple of mp3's of this demon running. Any suggestions?

Attachments

#14 ·
redvtwin2 said:
Has to be the TL.....that bike got the short end of the ramrod by Suzuki....oh well, can't complain now it is a cult bike.

^^^ yup.. I agree..............

#15 ·
I love my TL! It's a bit porky and that rotary damper sucks.

#19 ·
Gixxer_Six2003 said:
Another "failed" bike I love, the 929's. What did they run, like 2 years before being replaced with the 954 due to lack of power issues ?
That's not a failed bike. The 954 was little more than a nudge up in displacement.

Yes, I understand there were other changes, so don't make a list. It just doesn't seem to belong in this thread.

#24 ·
I don't think the FZR 600 qualifies as a "failure". Sold pretty well and many are still in circulation. It evolved, rather than failed. I loved my fizzer too!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.