Sport Bikes banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Skerd To Ride
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did not know if anyone was intersted or really cared. But the places like the "place" or "the point" are slowly going to disappear. With all the housing developments that are going up in the area privacy and a place to be crazy won't be around much longer. Anyways, thought I would let some of the peeps know that the old hangout is starting to become a retirement area, and anybody that might want to go out their might want to becareful. Because the qiuetness of the area is disappearing.

Mobuis

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Mobuis said:
Did not know if anyone was intersted or really cared. But the places like the "place" or "the point" are slowly going to disappear. With all the housing developments that are going up in the area privacy and a place to be crazy won't be around much longer. Anyways, thought I would let some of the peeps know that the old hangout is starting to become a retirement area, and anybody that might want to go out their might want to becareful. Because the qiuetness of the area is disappearing.

Mobuis
This is old news bro...Mobuis I thank 6 is still rideable But not for long..
Theres always jennings GP

·
Super Moderator
18,635 Posts
Mobuis said:

Mobuis
Yup...I went out to "that place" last Monday...Lots of county vehicles, bulldozers, etc hard at work clearing land and making way for some new cookie cutter houses :( :(

The small track is still untouched at this point but you're sure to draw some unwanted attention should you choose to run a few times around it...

·
I am very sensitive.
979 Posts
Yep, it is so sad, but true. I remember when there use to be nothing at all out there, and I do mean nothing. Kindof glad I moved away from that area, hate to see all the houses going in.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
CBR600Lady said:
Yep, it is so sad, but true. I remember when there use to be nothing at all out there, and I do mean nothing. Kindof glad I moved away from that area, hate to see all the houses going in.
Im 5 minutes from the point and I know what your talking about...I've been living out here for 20 years...

·
Skerd To Ride
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I was out there with some of the original friends who use to go out their all the time. And I tell you what it was about what I expected. Bull dozers, survey crew, construction equipment, and police. I tell you what it was sorta sad but :a2 :a2 , I knew it had to end sooner or later. But every generation has some "place" that they use to go too. So the next will most likely find another abandoned area to use and hangout.

However, I do agree we do have a Jennings.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I will truely miss "the point" it was a great place to practice...i just wish it was still around so i could try and keep up with Danny again :lao
I'm glad we went out the that last time and i made sure i went out with a bang....and a scrap....and some lost pieces hehe....but i wasnt about to let Pat catch up. Hell that was the only place he couldn't :twofinger

If any of yall win the lotto...buy some land!!! You will definitely make your money back ...no what i mean?

·
I'm a lead farmer MF'r!
902 Posts
Even though I have not been down there in years, i think I'm going to start doing some track days. Just seems like it will be more fun. Maybe when I get back from vacation, I'll set a date.

·
Skerd To Ride
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hope you are talking about Jennings, the area at the point is not some place I would go to so track days at. There Police all over place now, probably there to look over all the construction equipment. Also when we talked to the PO PO he said they are trying to run off all the racers.

Mobuis

1 - 9 of 9 Posts