Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So kawasaki demonstrated their superiority by bolting the headlight to the fairing instead of to the frame somehow...of course my headlight is now hanging by 1 corner because they're all bust off inside the fairing!

How difficult would it be to fabricate new mounts on the fairing? Or should I just try to create something that will mount to the frame somehow?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't know the answer. I sure would like to find out also! Every since I dropped it, the headlight is just hanging there. Not too secure, I just put a ziptie through part of the broken tab and through the hole. If there is a better way to do it short of buying a overpriced fairing. I'd like to know also!

- Denis R

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a ninja 250 and I want to make it semi naked and change the headlight from square to round, Have any ideas on that?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
511 Posts
I went with this and just wired the all the headlights to the bright and dim positions. was about 90 dollars and well worth it. 3 Drawbacks to it though, I now have no gauges, less wind protection (like the stock fairing offered much), and no place to mount mirrors or blinkers on the front. The mirrors can be resolved with a bar end mirror I think, the gauges are gonna be a bit tricky, could try using a bicycle speedo like I did but its not very effective after about 60, and you then have to worry about mounting the magnet (no good). So I'm thinking I can buy a gauge from a naked bike and make a plate that will bolt to my triple clamps to mount it, but I'm not sure what I'd need to make it work. Blinkers I haven't looked at a solution for yet.....

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts