Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all this talk of the benefits of SilverStar lights, etc. I wanted to give them a try. I thought the F4i models took an H7 bulb (2x, one for the low and the other for high beam). I checked the Clymers repair manual and it wasn't too helpful and the owners manual is in the bike, under the passenger seat, locked and under a cover right now and I'm too lazy to look and the information is probably not there.

I actually went out and purchased two H7 bulbs but the wiring assembly/harness is definiately not the same... looks like those are being returned!

·
They call me a ride whore
1,387 Posts
WAAAAAIIIIITTTT before returning them. It is indeed an H7 bulb you need. I also got the SilverStars for mine, and it kinda confused me too until I looked a little closer. Look at the old bulbs you took out, there is a black connector that the wiring harness plugs into on the end of that bulb. That connector is a seperate piece and comes off. Once you pull it off, you see the bulbs themselves are exactly the same. Plug the new bulbs into the black connector you just took off the old ones, and your good to go. Stick it back in, lock it down, put the rubber back on and plug er in. Same goes for the taillight bulbs, they have their own little connector you have to take off and install on the new bulb as well

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yep, leave it to Honda to use an adapter for a headlight bulb. Still Love my bike though. Just one of those goofy engineering things.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice. I was thinking about that this morning when I got up. I was just so cold out there and it was about to rain and I was looking for an excuse to stop!

Anyway, I'll try it again. The other thing is that the dust cover is really on there, and the Clymer's manual says to remove the lower fairings and air ducts to get to the headlights. What's up with that? I think if you have small hands, you should be able to reach in there and service the bulbs.

·
They call me a ride whore
1,387 Posts
You don't have to take the fairings off, the only thing you might have to take off is the grey covers under the clip ons. You can work them off without messing with the fairings

1 - 6 of 6 Posts