Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
UNDER PRESSURE said:
Hey, have fun with that. I was going to do my own, but don't have a good enough eye to check the integrity of the other fork components. So she's in the shop now. Next time they go out, i'll try it myself though. Let us know how it went, it's always good to hear first timers reports in repairs like this.

sidenote: I see your from Ohio, where abouts? Do a good job on yours, and i'll let you do mine next time, for free even. :cheers

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for posting up the guide.

And i'll let you guys know how it goes I've done almost everything else to a sportbike but forks just wanted to know what i was getting into beforehand.

Im from youngstown ohio you?

·
Registered
29 Posts
f4istunna said:

And i'll let you guys know how it goes I've done almost everything else to a sportbike but forks just wanted to know what i was getting into beforehand.

Hey no prob bro whatever I can do to help. I'm a newb to bikes and what not but I can search like a mofo. lol :phatyo

·
Registered
102 Posts
f4istunna said:

Mansfield

I finished mine yesterday, whew, that was tuff. Took me like 5 minutes to ride down to the shop to pick it up. I wish I was able to do them myself, but I just got the bike and wasn't wanting it to be down longer than it had to. Just 2 days and I was already going through DT's. And I definitely feel an improvement, especially in the curves. I bet my right fork was about bone dry. Don't forget to check your bushings. They have some kind of coating, I forget what, but if they wear too much your gonna have shavings floating around in your forks, and you'll be doing it all over again. Good luck with that, and let us know how it went. :cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts