Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an f4 that died last week while i was out riding. the shop i took it to replaced the battery and now 2 days later it died again, right before i was going to go out and ride. any ideas or suggestions? ive heard regulator or charging system? any ideas?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the first time it died while i was sitting at a red light. the shop replaced the battery. two days later, i ran it for a few minutes... turned it off, then went to start it again and heard a clicking sound (like not enough battery). Also, the headlight and panel lights were dim.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Check the spark plug too...that could be a reason for it not starting.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Sounds like there may be a short in the system killing your battery... either that, or your rectifier is toast and won't recharge your battery...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i decided to have it carried back to the shop that changed and the battery and "checked the system" im hoping they cut me a break since they supposedly checked it before i drove it home last time. i havent heard what it was, but some friends have said it sounds like the voltage regulator/rectifier. any idea on what it costs to replace one of those?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts