Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to use some engine parts (head, throttle body) from an F4i to use on a F4 block and was wondering if these parts would be a direct bolt on ... or would they match with the F4 block. If they would this might save me quite a bit of $.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The only difference in the head is the boss they included for the cam sensor for the F4i so it will bolt up and obviously the f4i throttlebodies will bolt to an F4i head. Not sure about the clearance issue as far as the engine/throttlebodies in the frame though, I am just speaking from Formula SAE experience with F4's and F4i's not in a bike chassis.

Did you smoke a head or something? Seems like picking up an F4 head would be easier than converting to an F4i setup, don't forget you will need the entire fuel delivery system, computer, throttle bodies, and the head. I had this idea to convert my F4 bc I could get everything but the head for cheap bc we don't use any of the stock intake stuff on the FSAE car but when it comes down to it it's just not worth it.

mattmsudawg said:
I'm looking to use some engine parts (head, throttle body) from an F4i to use on a F4 block and was wondering if these parts would be a direct bolt on ... or would they match with the F4 block. If they would this might save me quite a bit of $.

Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts