Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I took my f4 for it first test drive, it is 1999 cbr600 f4. At first I had problem shifting to the second gear, but after two or three tries, I got it. I drove for about 15 minute to test everything, after getting on the hay way to get back home fast, the bike was running strong but no power to the rear wheel, I pulled over, but the bike in first gear, and then pushed the bike and it role like the clutch was not there. So I am not sure does that mean the clutch is slipping. I used a mobile one fully syn 10-30, should I use a 20-50 instead. If the problem is not with the oil, what else should I look for before I open the clutch cover, thanks any help would be appreciated

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
8,497 Posts
Its the clutch or some component on the actuator. But if it snapped something usually the clutch is in the engaged position.

Check all the adjustments and mechanical linkage then pull the clutch out.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey guys, i pulled the oil out of the engine and now the clutch is working., should i pull the plates out, or just replace the oil with 20-50. thanks

·
old member
13,079 Posts
If you put Mobil 1 full synthetic with friction inhibitor additives in your bike, the clutch is probably slipping.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
friction inhibitor additives , i do not know where is that located, iwill check the manual. do i have to take it off???

·
old member
13,079 Posts
samizx7 said:
friction inhibitor additives , i do not know where is that located, iwill check the manual. do i have to take it off???
Friction inhibitor additives would be in the oil and aren't good for bike clutches. Check the oil bottle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts