Sport Bikes banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a '96 F3 and when I push in the tripometer, nothing happens. Short of jamming it as hard as I can, and risking breaking it off completely, I'm clueless as to what my options are. Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
Forgive my ignorance, but is it a mechanical odometer or electronic? If mechanical, there may be small part broken inside. If electronic, it may be a broken/dirty switch.

Looked it up and it seems to be mechanical:

Ronayers.com Fiche Desktop Motorcycle Honda 1996 CBR600F3 METERS - F3 - 95-96

If you're mechanically inclined, maybe try some disassembly to see what's up, but a new speedo may be the only fix. If so, you might just want to live with it??

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
I know on SOME of the mechanical models, you can take out the tripometer and put in a new one. Not sure if that is the case on the F3, but my girlfriend and I just did it on her ninja 250 last week.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been living with it for three months, so it's no big deal really. I have full intentions on grabbing some gauges off an F4i very soon, so that would certainly take care of it for me. However, if I were to sell my stock gauges, this might hinder things a bit. It is analog, so I'm sure you're right in saying that something is broken inside(be it a gear off track or broken completely). I guess I will just wait until I get the F4i gauges to tear it apart and have a looksy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.