Sport Bikes banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I havent bought this bike yet, however I want your opnions. From the for sale ads.

"I am selling this bike because recently it has been having heating problems to the point where the coolant bubbles. The coolant seems to have oil as when it bubbles or gets hot it spills out of the excess pipe"

"If you are @ about 9k RPM and pull the throttle all the way back the bike will “clap”, the throttle needs to be held halfway to keep a steady acceleration. This was never really a big deal for me."

"The heating problem is an issue that you will need to take care of. Again what happens is that the engine works fine but after a while it starts to leak a coolant/oil mix out of the cooling reserve tank."

Its a 97 F3 with a 93 frame, 29k on the engine for 2800$. How hard would it be to fix these things, how much will it cost me, and is it a good deal. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Sounds like it might have a bad head gasket. That is a typical of oil in the coolant. It's not very difficult to change however, for a motorswapped 93 F3 with cooling issues, 25k miles, I would not even pay close to $2800. Stay away from it, unless you are mechanically capable of doing the work yourself. Thats a pretty big job for a dealership service shop. You'd be looking at $500 bucks if not more.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Redstar11 said:
Sounds like it might have a bad head gasket. That is a typical of oil in the coolant. It's not very difficult to change however, for a motorswapped 93 F3 with cooling issues, 25k miles, I would not even pay close to $2800. Stay away from it, unless you are mechanically capable of doing the work yourself. Thats a pretty big job for a dealership service shop. You'd be looking at $500 bucks if not more.
Thanks, yeah I'm mechaniclly inclinded, swaped some cams before, cant imagine pulling the head would be harder.

Just seems like the bikes been pieced together from like 10 different bikes of all model years and I'm not messing with all that unless its an awsome deal.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
$2800 bucks is not an awesome deal. Thats what I paid for my CBR 900 RR with 7k miles on it. Look somewhere else bud. :cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts