Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
Joined
·
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Attachments

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
Joined
·
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Picture added.
 

·
Resident Gun Nut
Joined
·
1,092 Posts
not too bad, but me personally, if i was going to buy a nice 1911, i think i would go with an ed brown custom, or a les baer. i've heard that while kimbers are pretty good, the quality has gone down in recent years; basically since they really became popular and more mass produced.

now if you REALLY have some cash and want the best 1911, Valtro makes one of the best.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
4,658 Posts
I want a Kimber. If I was home I'd give some serious thought about purchasing. Off hand question, why wouldn't this weapon be legal in some states? Thanks.
 

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
Joined
·
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cookhj said:
not too bad, but me personally, if i was going to buy a nice 1911, i think i would go with an ed brown custom, or a les baer. i've heard that while kimbers are pretty good, the quality has gone down in recent years; basically since they really became popular and more mass produced.

now if you REALLY have some cash and want the best 1911, Valtro makes one of the best.


hehehe...my other 1911 is a Les Baer!! Straight from the box it was shooting dime sized 8 shot groups at 20 yards. The Kimber is a damn good gun, only selling to help with cost of buying another bike. I bought it the day it came into my local gunshop but for $1200. The Team Match was built in Kimber's Custom shop so I know the quality is higher than "run of the mill" guns they are making now. I also have another gun I am thinking of getting rid of also, it's a Armalite AR-10 (.308), hand spun stainless stell barrel, match tr*****, flash "hider" with a low serial number (5 digits instead of 6-8 digits like most these days) that has only been fired with 60 rounds with the matching Armalite Mil Spec Dot Tactical scope (made by Leupold for Armalite) with built in range finder and easy click adjustment out to 1000 yards. I have $3k tied up in that gun but willing to let it go for $2500 or get both for a trade on a good SS bike.
 

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
Joined
·
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
busarider54 said:
I want a Kimber. If I was home I'd give some serious thought about purchasing. Off hand question, why wouldn't this weapon be legal in some states? Thanks.

Busa, if you are interested you can buy it and have it shipped to a friend or relative where you live, it will be there when you get home from Iraq! Ca. has some weird laws about handguns that is why I say check your local laws before buying it. Most major handgun companies have had to build certain guns to be shipped to Ca.
 

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
Joined
·
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Forgot to add that I will knock $50 off the buy it now price for SBN members. Unless you want both guns for a swap on a SS bike.
 

·
ZRX Pilot
Joined
·
419 Posts
Great price, wish I could get another Kimber. ;)
 

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
Joined
·
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FlaZRX said:
Great price, wish I could get another Kimber. ;)

Why can't you get another bro? Here is a perfect one. Just add bullets and a shooter!
 

·
Resident Gun Nut
Joined
·
1,092 Posts
oh, i wasn't even paying attention that YOU'RE selling that pistol! yeah, if it was made at the custom shop then it's definately better than their massed produced ones. not that the massed produced ones are all THAT bad.

wish i could help you out, but as soon as i get back from iraq i'm buying another bike, so i've gotta save my money.

check out some of the gun forums too. some stuff like that will get snatched up pretty quick.
 

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
Joined
·
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cookhj said:
oh, i wasn't even paying attention that YOU'RE selling that pistol! yeah, if it was made at the custom shop then it's definately better than their massed produced ones. not that the massed produced ones are all THAT bad.

wish i could help you out, but as soon as i get back from iraq i'm buying another bike, so i've gotta save my money.

check out some of the gun forums too. some stuff like that will get snatched up pretty quick.


Yeah I got it listed gunbroker so far.....going to add it to a few more sites as soon as I can. I am like you, trying to save for another bike.
 

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
Joined
·
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bump
 

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
Joined
·
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gun is getting some bids on the Gunbroker website so if anyone from the forum is interested let me know.
 

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
Joined
·
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
little bump...come on guys (or ladies) you know you want to buy it....:lol
 

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
Joined
·
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The auction site that this fine gun is on will end today (actually in a few hours)
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top