Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
SBN's Slowest Member
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a motorcycle cop pulled me over on the way to work today. the dick head was sitting in the median radaring when he pulled me over because he saw my inspection sticker was a month out. the funny thing is he saw it from 20 yards away. Garland P.D. has a quota to fill.

·
Registered
139 Posts
"Serve and Protect" :alky

·
SBN's Slowest Member
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
serve and protect lol, more like lining their pockets. i bet garland is making a killing with those camaras that catch you crossing yellow lights.

·
Registered
19 Posts
if you get your car/bike inspected on time like you're supposed to, you won't have to worry about getting a ticket for it. the garland cops i've dealt with were pricks, but you can't blame them because you don't have a valid license, insurance, inspection, or registration. sorry dude, but those are no brainers.

·
SBN's Slowest Member
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
actually i was mad because he was sitting 20 yard away and still saw my inspection sticker. i guess since he could'nt pull me over for speeding, he looked for something else to pull me over for.

·
Registered
19 Posts
cops will pull you over for no reason because so many riders don't have one of the above things. thats why i always stay legal and don't have a tucked plate. i've been let off of speeding tickets probably 4 times and i'm sure its because they couldn't get me on anything else.

·
SBN's Slowest Member
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cops who are just itching to pull people over to write tickets disgust me.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Here's a hint, cops WON'T pull you over if you don't give them a reason. Really, it isn't hard at all to stay within regulations on your bike. Your sticker was expired, doesn't matter how or when he saw it, it was expired, therefore, you deserved to get pulled over. I hate in when people complain about getting pulled over and try to make up excuses when they damn well know they were breaking the law. :confused:

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
jluu6r said:
cops who are just itching to pull people over to write tickets disgust me.
That is a traffic cop's JOB. Do you get disgusted when the bagger at the local grocery store is "itching to bag your groceries?" Do you get pissed when your doctor is just "itching to make you feel better?" Quit complaining about someone doing their damned job. :mad:

·
SBN's Slowest Member
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so are you trying to tell me a cop has never pulled anyone over for no reason????

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
I know ALOT of cops, both civilian and military, and, no, they don't pull anyone over for NO reason. They always have a reason, to you their reason might not seem valid, but there is always a reason. I'm sure there have been times where a cop is sitting around and literally says "I'm gonna pull over the 14th car that passes by" but that's few and far between, most cops aren't like that. In your situation, he DID have a reason to pull you over, and you still bitch about it.

I think Jim Carrey said it best in Liar Liar, in the scene where one of his clients calls him from jail wondering what he should do. Jim simply replies: " STOP BREAKING THE LAW ASSHOLE "

·
SBN's Slowest Member
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
firefighter81 said:
I'm sure there have been times where a cop is sitting around and literally says "I'm gonna pull over the 14th car that passes by" but that's few and far between
i'm sure its more than you think.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Just as I figured, you ignore everything else I put in that last post, and went for the one thing that makes you feel you are right. Also, NO, it's not more than I think, like I said, I know ALOT of cops, I used to work with them every day, I know cops from Southeast TX, Seattle, NYC, Atlanta, smalltown USA, I know them everywhere. You need to quit pawning off a mistake you made on an "asshole cop"

·
SBN's Slowest Member
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
can a cop pull you over for no reason, look around for something wrong and then write you a ticket for whatever is wrong????????? ie. not speeding but inspection sticker

there is no way that cop saw my 1"x2" inspection sticker from 20 yards away while i was moving. if he caught me speeding and then saw my inspection sticker thats something i could agree with.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
True, BUT, if your inspection sticker hadn't have been expired, bam, he would have let you go because he had nothing to cite you on. You broke the law, he gave you a ticket, you bitch about it. He was right to give you the ticket, he was right to pull you over, you might not like it, but tough shit, don't break the law next time.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
it's only $12.50 to get the bike inspected, alot less than the ticket I'm sure.

·
SBN's Slowest Member
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
since it was expired less than 60 days the ticket was $10. if it was over 60 days then it would of been $120

·
Registered
105 Posts
TexasCop can probably fill us in on the proper rule, but in Texas I am pretty sure they [/I]can pull motorcycles over for no reason!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts