Sport Bikes banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
bite the wax tadpole
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old harddrive that I would like to slave to my laptop. I was told to use an external harddrive that has a USB setup, but I've never heard of that and don't know where to get one.

Help!

·
bite the wax tadpole
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've already got an external harddrive. I'm just trying to use the harddrive in my old HP desktop to slave off of. Wallyworld has what I need?!

·
Registered
239 Posts
daytonaguy said:
I've already got an external harddrive. I'm just trying to use the harddrive in my old HP desktop to slave off of. Wallyworld has what I need?!
I bought mine there, It was a few years ago, so I dont know if they still carry it. I know exactly what you are talking about. Do you know if you have an IDE (ATA) drive or a SATA drive? It's probably IDE, if it had one of those big 80 wire ribbons connected to it, just make sure that you get one that matches the format (IDE (ATA) vs. SATA (Serial ATA))

Also make sure that it is the right size... most desktop hard drives are 3.5"

Here a page from newegg:
http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategory=92&name=External-Enclosures

·
bite the wax tadpole
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sweet. I'm gonna go check out some shops and see what I can do. I don't think it's one of those "super old" harddrives; I bought that desktop in '02 or '03, so it shouldn't be that bad.

Thanks for the help. I'll post up what I get out of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts