Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to decide if I should take the extended warrenty with the 2005 ninja. it would go onto the 4.9% financing as wellsince it is considered an accessary. you get standard 1yr on the bike the extended would add 3 more years for like 400$ and is transferrable if i chose to sell the bike.

What you all think??

without the extended I am getting the bike OTD for... 4875$ good?

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
I would get it. If you don't somthing will probably happen. If you get it nothing will happen but better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
452 Posts
aboivin said:
I am trying to decide if I should take the extended warrenty with the 2005 ninja. it would go onto the 4.9% financing as wellsince it is considered an accessary. you get standard 1yr on the bike the extended would add 3 more years for like 400$ and is transferrable if i chose to sell the bike.

What you all think??

without the extended I am getting the bike OTD for... 4875$ good?
I would say an extended warranty is a waste of money, but like any insurance, if something goes wrong, you'll be happy you had it. Are you planning on doing the maintenance (e.g. oil changes) yourself and how strict are you going to follow the maintenance schedule? If you're willing to make sure all the maintenance items get done on schedule, don't get the extended warranty. Otherwise, if you're like most people and go with the motto "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", you may want to consider it.

Which Ninja are you getting (250R, 500R, 6R)? That'll make a huge difference in whether you're getting a deal or getting ripped off.

*EDIT: Nevermind, I saw that you had it in listed in your profile. In any case, $4875 seems a little high for a new 500R. I think MSRP is $4899, so that means you got about $400 knocked off. I don't think you got ripped off, but I don't think you got a deal either. Did you shop around?

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
what the hell $400 for 4 yrs might be worth it.......

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sjlee said:
In any case, $4875 seems a little high for a new 500R. I think MSRP is $4899, so that means you got about $400 knocked off. I don't think you got ripped off, but I don't think you got a deal either. Did you shop around?
No unfortunately i didn't do very much dickering since it was done over the phone. I know I could have gotten it a bit cheaper, if i had gone in and chatted with them. the freight, dealer prep is all included in the price as well as documentation and transfer.. Since this was my first bike i thought It was very decent esp. since It is still in the crate and will be built when i go pick it on thursday.

ab

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Ok, well here's a question, do you plan to just use the bike to learn on for a year or two and then sell it to get a b***** bike? Because if so, most motorcycle extended warranties I've seen are non-transferable, so check on that. But if you are going to keep it for a long time, sure get the warranty!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
At this point in time I plan on using it as a starter bike and the dealer said that the warrenty for the ninja 500 is transferable.I will double check on this on thrusday when I pick up the bike.

·
Registered
394 Posts
No offense but why would you buy a NEW Ninja 500 for a first bike? More than likely you'll only ride it for a couple of years and sell it. So why not find a used one and safe yourself some money??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts