Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering the purchase of a Bell RS-1 and am really struggling with size selection. It appears I'm between a Medium and a Large though the match of shell shape to my noggin seems really spot on.

Does anyone have any experience breaking in one of these helmets? My concern in particular is with the crown. It's pretty snug but it might be fine after it breaks in. Thanks for any responses.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I was between a medium and a small. Went with the small because I figured it'd break in. Always had a pressure point at the top of my forehead and once I grew my hair out I started getting headaches after riding for more than 45 minutes. Don't know how much that helps lol its a great helmet but I don't think it fit my head shape well enough

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Yeah I wore it for at least 6 or 8 months of riding season. Looking at it now all the padding on the inside is practically flat because it was such a tight fit. So it will break in some but my head was too long for it

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Arai vector 2. It's also a bit snug being a small, I think I'm between medium and small for every brand I've tried on. But goodness the quality of this helmet is unreal. Equally as big a step up as from a $100 bell to the rs-1. I really wanted to keep the rs-1, the transition shield is so awesome, the interior is super plush, and I much prefer the magnetic strap. But once I started getting headaches I had to switch

·
Registered
10,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I've got a Bell Star but had heard the sizing didn't seem to be quite the same as the RS-1 and finally got a chance to compare today. I know what you mean about the headaches though. I have an AGV that is a great 2-3 hour helmet but a full day just kills my ears. The deep ear pockets in the Star and RS-1 is part of the selling point for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts