Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday evening I went for a casual ride, the roads were mainly clear. I was riding behind a taxi for a few minutes in the left hand lane of a main road. The taxi driver started to brake, and put his left turn signals on to indicate he was going to turn down the side-street to our left.

So, I signalled and began to change to the right lane to overtake him.

When I got within 10 feet of the taxi, can you guess what he did?

In the left lane, with his left signals still blinking, he began to make a right towards the side street on the right side of the road - infront of me! I chose to speed up and swerve to the right to try to get by him, I didn't think I had enough room to go behind him or stop. Needless to say, I managed to get through the situation but I was just about ready to stop the bike and pull the driver out of his hapless cage.

Watch out for these guys, they make a living driving - but it seems that they rarely have a clue about how to operate their vehicles or follow the rules of the road.

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
its the same story just different locations... motorcycles period are being aimed at

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
Cab drivers in Vancouver weren't any better...

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Expect the unexpected...wouldn't that make the unexpected the expected?

Either way, you're dealing with a taxi...NEVER trust ANY of them.

·
Registered
227 Posts
hey..defence for the London black cabies..they are really good at making space for you and are really observant..even stop you when people are pulling through traffic in front of you. But probably because they have to ride around on a scooter for 3yrs learning the trade..so can feel our pain! pitty it isn't a global thing!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Not here in New York City. They think they are driving a tank with those monstrous bumpers. Just look at a typicial NYC cab and you'll see all kinds of dinks and dents on them. Gee I wonder why? :rolleyes

·
Registered
227 Posts
any form of ding on a cab here and they take a passenger and they loose their licence(something to so with there public liability insurance not being valid if they have dings), so you never ever see any cabs with dings! suprised about that in in NYC, would have thought that with the sue culture in the US, people would we nervous as hell if they knock anybody/thing?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Show a Cabbie a couple of gorilla's and he will drive like a monkey. Show him a 100 gorilla's and he will look like one too.

:p

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm with MW with our defense of the London Cabbie. These guys really know what its like on two wheels and most of them never forget it. They have one rule tho which applies to all traffic. Its unofficially the '2 Wheel' rule. If you get 2 wheels in front of them they give way. 1 if you are a bike. BUT. If they have the upper hand they will carve you, so beware.
We do however have a b***** menace on our roads and that, sad to say, is the massive population of primarily Asian cab drivers. These morons are NOT black taxis but tend to drive mostly what we call MPV's, the sort of thing mums take flocks of kids to school in. They are the worst drivers on our roads and I even have the testimony of 2 Asian (Bangladeshi) mates who agreed that as a nation they are crap drivers!
Its only the comprehensive training program for bikers here that keeps these idiot from culling the entire biking community.
Anyway, rant over, back to the program......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts