Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok lets me honest here. Your exhuast system. Did you replace it for the sound or performance?

Did you go full System or Slip on?

If for performance how much power did you gain?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Pretty much just sound. Modern sportbikes don't exactly lack in the power department to begin with, but I guess a few extra horses can't hurt. I bought a slip-on by the way.

·
Premium Member
14,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Same reason for me. Slipon. Just wanted to hear that bike running :)

·
Take care now ......
1,615 Posts
When I had my Two Brothers bolt-ons I bought them because I had a limited budget. That meant that I could only afford what a bolt-on brought which is sound and a look. I knew any they didn't really give any more horsepower but they were lighter.

I then got a full M4 system and it was all about some extra power. I'd never buy a bolt-on again. Saving a few hundred more is worth it in the long run.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Shawn742 said:
Pretty much just sound. Modern sportbikes don't exactly lack in the power department to begin with, but I guess a few extra horses can't hurt. I bought a slip-on by the way.

+1

·
Already Sick of Winter
3,273 Posts
still stock.

i like a quiet bike. mine doesn't get noticed unless i really rip it open. if i were to buy an exhaust i'd probably get a slip-on system for a little more performance without a lot of noise.

·
at the track
3,121 Posts
Go with the trend, sound then looks

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
Slipon for the soun and looks both. My stock can was ugly.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Slip-on pipe. Did it for the sound. "Loud pipes save lives", my MSF instructor. Anything to help me keep safe out there on the road, plus it sounds much better than stock!

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I usually go for performance but it depends on what funds I have available at the time. My 600rr has a slipon on it but it was already on there when I bought it, but I would have gone w/just a slip on for it anyways.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Well, my Yoshi slip-on was there when I bought the bike, but I think it is mostly for sound as well. I think in some cases it balances out a slightly rich condition from the factory, but otherwise I don't think a slipon is THAT beneficial in terms of performance. I think it sounds great with the aftermarket pipe, though.

It's also for looks, though I would have gone with a carbon fiber high mount if it had been up to me. In fact, if someone would trade me a high mount carbon pipe (from a good company) for my stainless Yosh pipe and some cash, I'd probably go for it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ok, get this... I was in Tacoma the other day, and just for kicks, dropped by the dealer there. I was told that there was a guy that had just picked up a bike like mine the night before, and before even riding it, had them install a Remus slip-on. Interestingly enough, I ran into that very same dude later that day. He told me that the aftermarket slip-on was many pounds lighter, and although it only added about 4 horsepower (to an already competent 170 HP bike) he liked the sound better. I'm now considering doing the same thing, especially since the new muffler is substantially smaller than the stock can, and it's currently too damn quiet for my tastes. I'll save my $$$ and then when it's all done, post some pics of before and after....

·
Registered
791 Posts
TRaGiK said:
Slip on...for the sound and look mostly.

your damn bike's exhaust almost blew me away. Bastard. I rev my shit and he just murdered my bike's rev. :urowned

1 - 20 of 34 Posts