Sport Bikes banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Wanna-be racer
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
talk to me about exhaust systems.. i have a 2007 GSXR 600 and i want to upgrade the entire exhaust system. i don't want something that just looks or sounds nice, i want it to perform. i'd plan on getting the bike tuned after i put the system on. i've looked at Sportbiketrackgear.com and found some nice things, and i'm a big fan of the Leo Vince, Arrow, and M4 Systems.. which one of these would be the most worth getting? or, should i look else where..

suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
584 Posts
From what I've found Leo Vince and Akropovic are both top notch systems. I have Leos on my Aprilia and just got an Akro for my kawi. My roommate has a KRtuned system on his GSXR and it is nice too.

·
Super Moderator
18,635 Posts
Akropovic full system with a power commander is my suggestion...Akro has a rep as being one of the best out there, and it's not just a rumor...They are always at the top for great looks sound, and highest HP increase...

Be ready to drop some $$$$, though...

·
Silent pipes take lives
12,981 Posts
For maximum performance, just fab up some straight pipes (or open headers).

·
Registered
584 Posts
I just picked up full akro race system for $650. $1400 new. Just got a pc3 for $150. Just keep an eye out for good deals.

·
Full Time Slacker
3,178 Posts
Remember to include a dyno tune in the cost of your upgrades if power is truly your consideration. Even a map meant for your bike and pipes, the engine was broken in differently, tuned at a dfference altitude, temp, etc....

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've got the same bike and am also looking for a new pipe. Obviously yoshimura would be a solid choice, but I'm currently leaning towards the FMF Powercore GP. Its a tough decision being that it is so much money.

·
Shut the **** up and ride
5,031 Posts
fuck Yoshi's, go with something that not EVERYONE has.

id suggest Leo Vince, KR Tuned, and Mig. Mig and Termignoni are supposedly very well known in Europe.

also, check out the "Racefit Growler". its a motogp-inspired exhaust. it retails for $800 for just the slip on so the full system must be over $2k.

·
Don't tease the dragon
1,193 Posts
Don't forget to look at MIVV.

As far as full systems, there's alot to be said for having the tuning done correctly. If you're giving it to a shop to do, you'd better be specific with them about what you're looking for, and know what you expect.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts