Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys and girls, im new to riding and picked up my first bike 07 zzr600 a couple months ago. i have questions about jetting. i am looking at yoshimura rs-3 stainless bolt on muffler simply because it is the least expencive i can find that i have heard of. i called yoshimura and they claim its not needed if no other mods are done to it. although every shop i talk to say it is needed. Im looking to get advice from someone who has experianced this before and can help. Thanks a lot, I use this site often but i have never signed up until today.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have an 07. Also my first bike. Im running a titanium RS3 without the baffle for about 3 months or so. I have never touched the jets and am running a stock filter.

Its not like your bike wont run without the jetting. Mine runs fine, slightly more power, and i do mean "slightly"

I say its not NEEDED but wouldnt hurt. If you plan on upgrading the power at all its something your going to want done eventually.

Its about time to clean and sync my carb, i figure if im going to tear it down i might as well re-jet while im in there.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok i am planning on keeping the bike for a while and then passing it down to my gf when i upgrade so i dont want to cause any long term damage at the price of a nicer look or nicer sound because of it possibly running lean.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i have one and have not mod any other part. running stock air filter and it runs and sounds great. i did not use the silencer that comes with it.

:meangreen

·
5,547 Posts
Hello guys and girls, im new to riding and picked up my first bike 07 zzr600 a couple months ago. i have questions about jetting. i am looking at yoshimura rs-3 stainless bolt on muffler simply because it is the least expencive i can find that i have heard of. i called yoshimura and they claim its not needed if no other mods are done to it. although every shop i talk to say it is needed. Im looking to get advice from someone who has experianced this before and can help. Thanks a lot, I use this site often but i have never signed up until today.
Yoshimura is correct. There is no need to rejet unless you are going with a full exhaust system. Meaning you are going to change the exhuast header and the canister too. The "SHOP", otherwise known as the "stealershit" is just trying to make a quick buck off someone who doesn't appear to understand there new ride. Your not going to hurt the bike if you rejet with the stock header and a bolt-on aftermarket exhaust.

Yes the bike is set rich from the factory. Although "rayzzr" and myself are both running the stock header with a Yoshimura RS-3 exhaust. Ray has rejetted three times and I have rejetted two times going with smaller main jets from the Dynojet jet kit. We have also tweaked the air/fuel mixture screws on all four carbs. But this is mainly because we enjoy tweaking things to get the best performance as possible. But our bikes both have other things in common as far as performance mods are concerned. We are both running the Yoshimura RS-3 with the open race baffle, K&N air filter, NGK Iridium sparkplugs, Stage 1 Dynojet jet kit, Factory Pro +4 degree ignition advancer, and a European spec ECU.

Ray is running 118 inners and 116 outers on the main jets with two turns out on the A/F mixture screws and I'm running 120 inners and 118 outers on the main jets with two turns out on the A/F mixture screws.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright im going to go ahead and do the yoshi bolt on muffler without jetting it. Does anyone know of anybody selling there used one or perhaps a place that has a good deal. I found the stainless one on ebay for $230 but i really like the look of the carbon one just not another $100 worth.

·
5,547 Posts
Alright im going to go ahead and do the yoshi bolt on muffler without jetting it. Does anyone know of anybody selling there used one or perhaps a place that has a good deal. I found the stainless one on ebay for $230 but i really like the look of the carbon one just not another $100 worth.
$230 for a new S/S Yoshimura RS3 is a good deal. Why are you cheaping out? If your going to play the game your going to have to pay to play. :eek:nfloor

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
$230 for a new S/S Yoshimura RS3 is a good deal. Why are you cheaping out? If your going to play the game your going to have to pay to play. :eek:nfloor
I agree. But unfortunatly like some people there just isnt enough money in my pocket to justify an uneeded upgrade.

·
5,547 Posts
You think that a after market exhaust in a unneeded upgrade? Then why all the questions?

·
5,547 Posts
because i want to do it just dont need it.
Oh you need it. Once you get it. You will say to yourself, man this is what I was missing out on.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well im still looking for a cheep option so if anyone is selling or knows of someone selling muffler for my bike whatever brand it is send me a pm or massage here and let me take a look. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts