Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I was wondering if anybody on this forum knows what I have to do to get that kind of exhaust.

To me it looks like just a straight pipe. Like the stubby they do on the R6.

Anybody have any thoughts or ideas or even experience this kind of exhaust. Also what the gains and losses would be of a exhaust setup like this.

Thanks in advance

·
5,547 Posts
You need one of those, just like you need a Captain America cape.

·
5,547 Posts
You better check NC motorcycle exhaust laws before you waste your money.

·
5,547 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
"Anybody have any thoughts or ideas or even experience this kind of exhaust. Also what the gains and losses would be of a exhaust setup like this."

It is a stupid idea!
It is noisy!
It is a stupid idea!

Gains; none, except you'll piss off every hearing person within 2 miles of your location and this includes all other motorcyclists

Losses; your hearing and that of all other hearing people within 100 yards of your location.

But of course anyone who thinks loud exhuasts and extended swigarms etc are cool
likely doesn't give a shit about public perception or the law or performance or actually being a good rider.

Hey you asked for thoughts and ideas-you have mine.....Only an idiot would do such a thing to any bike!!!

·
Experienced Novice rider.
16 Posts
Hi,
I did not take all of the baffle out of mines, there are three chambers in there i removed two of them and kept one but cut it shorter and kept the fibre matting that was in there so its not obnoxiously loud, just a nice grunt. I did this because i got cut off in day to day traffic coming home from work, when i asked the drivers why they did it, the response was because they did not see or hear me coming.

Off the line it feels a little quicker and i did not see any difference in gas mileage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts