Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I mentioned in another thread, I'm not a fan of how all the aftermarket exhausts look the same, but I digress, that's not the point of this thread.

Of all the exhausts out there, which ones have a nice deep raspy sound but aren't overly loud? I currently live in a fairly quite neighbourhood where I actually ride my bike up a patio behind some other townhouses. If I did get an aftermarket exhaust, I wouldn't want to piss off the neighbours, ya know?

Is there something out there that has a nice sound to it but isn't loud?

-Q

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I've never heard an Akrapovic on an FZ6 but they have one of the lowest db ratings on an R6. They also make a sport production exuast which is supose to be street legal with the baffle in. I just wish I had the money.:)

·
2 As 1
1,121 Posts
The Exhaust thread will help you out a lot, as if gives the db rating with many exhausts that are available for our bike.

It was done on an R6, tis true, but still should give you an idea of how each company approaches things.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Don't get the Two Brothers slip ons then because they are LOUD!!!

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
What makes one manufactures BAFFLE-LESS cannisters so much louder than another manufactures?

I know they have packing in them, but they are still just "straight through" cans.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
pipe

i find my yoshi trs to be nice for sound not very loud but the only drawback is that u have to install a power comander which is exspensive

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Off Topic: 639pusher, that's an eye opening avatar. Holy jebus.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I added a short video clip to my site which has me going by pretty fast. You can hear the 2 Bros exhaust at high rpm on it. Click here . Thanks Sharkbait66!! :cheers

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Dude.. You on the wrong side of the road going into that turn>?

edit: and a wheel up past the camera?

·
Registered
853 Posts
Hippie said:
Dude.. You on the wrong side of the road going into that turn>?

edit: and a wheel up past the camera?
It is a long straight out in the middle of nowhere. It looks like a turn from the camera but it is only a slight bend in the straight. Trust me, I would NEVER enter a corner on the wrong side, that is suicidal at best.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Just checking...
W/ a name like crazymofo.. one never could be too sure... Besides, I still have to order that swingarm slider stuff from ya...

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Nice vid crazymofo, those two bros sound sweet with the dopler(sp) effect. What gear were you in when you did the wheelie?

·
Registered
853 Posts
FZSilver said:
Nice vid crazymofo, those two bros sound sweet with the dopler(sp) effect. What gear were you in when you did the wheelie?
I was just in first at about 40mph. It was a weak ass wheelie, I could have done much better.

·
Registered
858 Posts
qualdoth said:
As I mentioned in another thread, I'm not a fan of how all the aftermarket exhausts look the same, but I digress, that's not the point of this thread.

Of all the exhausts out there, which ones have a nice deep raspy sound but aren't overly loud? I currently live in a fairly quite neighbourhood where I actually ride my bike up a patio behind some other townhouses. If I did get an aftermarket exhaust, I wouldn't want to piss off the neighbours, ya know?

Is there something out there that has a nice sound to it but isn't loud?

-Q
Well there all pretty loud once you get on them, but if your trying to go easy on them and just cruising slow they are not to bad. I made a sound clip after I installed mine but it is only in mono since the file got so big but should give you a idea of the scopions.
http://forums.sportbikes.net/forums/showthread.php?t=267362

1 - 14 of 14 Posts