Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyway to mod my stock exhaust. I have a 88 ex500. I don't want to buy an $500 exhaust system for it, it's not the type of bike I want to dump tons of money into. I just want to do some slight mods, for kicks I guess. Just looking for ideas, suggestions. Thanks

·
Registered
145 Posts
Are you looking to make it louder, quiter, or are you trying to get some more power out of it?

·
Registered
145 Posts
squaly said:
louder... we don't have real tight regulations around here with noise and such.
Well you can always cut some of the muffler off...or have no muffler at all...now that would be loud...LOL!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Can you post a pic of the stock can? You might be able to drill out the rivets(if it's rivited together) and pull the insides out of the can to make it louder. Don't run it with no muffler, it's bad for the engine. Just try to remove the packing out of the stock can and that should get you a little more noise without spending any cash.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Sarachu slip ons custom made in Brazil.

$300 shipped to your door.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Cheapest would be some fart canyons, the kind ricers use. They have the same overall shape as a motorcycle can, and will sound pretty much the same as a generic slip on. Just be carefull you choose something with more or less the same internal diameter as the midpipe on the bike. Any muffler shop can cut the old stock cans and weld the new cans in place.

Here that would cost about $100 for two cans.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts