Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Professional Mixologist
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought the pipe about four months ago, and to be honest I haven't really riden all that much. The damn paint is cracking. So I am wondering who else has had this problem. I called Micron and they said its not not a problem I just have to send them the pipe and they will send me a new one.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Scorpion954RR said:
So I bought the pipe about four months ago, and to be honest I haven't really riden all that much. The damn paint is cracking. So I am wondering who else has had this problem. I called Micron and they said its not not a problem I just have to send them the pipe and they will send me a new one.
Its painted?

·
Professional Mixologist
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its the silver to black fade

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have heard of alot of problems with those bi-color cans. Tell them uou want to upgrade to carbon or titanium. Worth a shot?

·
Registered
444 Posts
maybe it has something to do with it being a honda?? like the paint is trying to get away from the bike?? hehe :flipa

But really, i have seen other pipes do that from them. Friend of mine had a blue/black one on his r6, he had to pay for shipping i think but they gave him the titanium one.

Oh yeah, D.. PM me ur number, got a question for ya.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Black fade to Red

Yeah I noticed my can cracking and spotting. I called Micron and they told me to try polishing it and send them a picture of it. They also told me that I might have to send them the old one and they'll replace it. But I ride everyday so I don't know about that one.

Let me know how it turned out for ya...

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
bbc_benton said:
WOW!

bbc, holy thread revival! Scorpion sold his 954 last year...not to mention this post is from 2004 (not really your fault though as the search function is FUBAR)

·
Already Sick of Winter
3,273 Posts
bbc_benton said:
Yeah I noticed my can cracking and spotting. I called Micron and they told me to try polishing it and send them a picture of it. They also told me that I might have to send them the old one and they'll replace it. But I ride everyday so I don't know about that one.

Graved*****

·
My flock keeps growing
2,942 Posts
A little FYI on the Micron "fade" pipes...they are manufactured by Micron, but one of the importers is the one that actually has the fade finish applied to the cans. Micron proper (UK based) does not warranty the finish on the pipes. Only the one distributor that has the pipes done that way will ever warranty them. Why Micron proper allows this to happen is beyond me. Perhaps it has something to do with most brit companies being a little backasswards.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts