Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of pipe do i have to have for my exhaust. Thinking about rewelding my M4 pipes from a "T" to a "Y".

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
This is a confusing post.

·
Bennedetto!
508 Posts
I think he means what kind of piping? I'm not educated in that realm but maybe like gauge(?), metal thickness, metal type (steel vs. ?), special coatings (like ceramic), etc.?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
biker6 said:
I think he means what kind of piping? I'm not educated in that realm but maybe like gauge(?), metal thickness, metal type (steel vs. ?), special coatings (like ceramic), etc.?
This is what i am talking about, sorry for the lack of explanation

·
Theres no I in threesome
6,118 Posts
Go to a meineke and have them do it. They have all the appropriate pipes/tools/equipment to do it right.

·
Registered
30 Posts
What killernoodle was saying is a good idea. However, if you don't want to spend the $$ for a shop to do it, and you have the proper resources/tools. Then you can just go to a welding shop. Like here is Sac we have Harbor freight. They pretty much have everything you need to weld. Parts, hardware, everything. Not a plug or anything, but it's a great shop. So, if you have a welding shop near you, then it's worth going that route in my opinion. Decide whatever feels more comfortable for you. AND you especially don't want to be in over your head when you are dealing with welding parts. If you don't have any education on it. My advise.. Get it done @ a shop. It's just more fun doing it yourself. Something about making the bike your. You know. Well, I hope all goes well with the exhaust. I recently put a Leo Vince exhaust on my '05 FZ6. Ohh man!! The bike sounds AWSOME!! Well, good luck! :dblthumb

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Aburke27 said:
What kind of pipe do i have to have for my exhaust. Thinking about rewelding my M4 pipes from a "T" to a "Y".
make two :)

although the M4 people told me they did that T to provide proper back pressure or you would loose some "low end"...

Too bad we cant dyno it with the M4 T pipe and then your Y pipe... (well we could, but it would be $$$)

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hippie said:
make two :)

although the M4 people told me they did that T to provide proper back pressure or you would loose some "low end"...

Too bad we cant dyno it with the M4 T pipe and then your Y pipe... (well we could, but it would be $$$)
+1 on that. I have a buddy who has all the welding equipment. The only thing he said he cant weld would be stainless steel. Will check out harbor frieght some time this weekend and price some pipe. If the bike doesnt run as well, i can always put the other pipe back on.

·
Registered
16 Posts
ditto

That's what I've been considering on my old '82 xs400rj seca,make my own pipes.My thoughts are about the necessity of having crossover pipes that go under the bike.could be a bear to remove if I had to.I have a wire welder,rod welder,cutting torch,cut-off saw,grinders,etc.I am rusty[in more ways than onbut after a little practice,I think it'l come back.olpa:bangdesk:eek:nfloor

·
FZ6 Corner Carver
12,159 Posts
yes indeed mmmmm.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts