Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been talking to a friend that owns a Harley and is wanting to buy the new nighttrain. The cool thing about this bike is that everything is black on the bike, engine and all. He said that if he bought it he would want to change out the exhaust so that it is even black. This got me to thinking, is this possible. I would love to change out my rims and also possible switch over to black powder-coated exhaust if this is possible. If any of you know anything about this let me know.

·
Registered
944 Posts
There is a black chrome....and i believe you can do a black ceramic coat as well.
Im doing the standard ceramic coat on my pipes some time this fall.. Unpolished looks kind of like an opalesent aluminium, Ive only heard about the black chrome.....never seen it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I had my V & H True Dual Hedder Pipes Cermakromed. They also showed me the black, I think it looks cool and have thought about having the system done on the FZ6. The best part is you actually get a little performance by doing it. And, they told me 30sec. after I shut the bike off, you can touch the pipes. (Haven't tried that yet)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Attachments

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
Man, I can't figure out what the fasination with black is! When I had my Ninja 250, everything was black. Everyone in that forum wanted silver rims, exhaust, etc. Now I'm on a group where all that stuff is silver on 95% of the bikes, and everyone wants it black! :rolleyes I'm quite happy with the silver, thank you! :neener

I admit, coming from the silver/orange 250, when I went to the dealership to get the FZ, I was really hoping they'd have a silver one. They didn't, so settled for the faster blue. Once I found out that the '05s would have had black wheels, I was GRATEFUL that they DIDN'T have a silver instead of blue. No offence to the owners of the slower '05 silvers, of course. :lol

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
crx81 said:
Man, I can't figure out what the fasination with black is! When I had my Ninja 250, everything was black. Everyone in that forum wanted silver rims, exhaust, etc. Now I'm on a group where all that stuff is silver on 95% of the bikes, and everyone wants it black! :rolleyes I'm quite happy with the silver, thank you! :neener

I admit, coming from the silver/orange 250, when I went to the dealership to get the FZ, I was really hoping they'd have a silver one. They didn't, so settled for the faster blue. Once I found out that the '05s would have had black wheels, I was GRATEFUL that they DIDN'T have a silver instead of blue. No offence to the owners of the slower '05 silvers, of course. :lol
It's the contrast between the two colors.

·
Registered
80 Posts
segue00 said:
Is there a silver/chrome colored thermal coating that can be applied inside and out of the headers?
Jethot will do their amgic that you seek for less than $200 and a week of no bike.

Jjethot.com I think. Google it and you'll see.

·
Registered
944 Posts
I'm getting the ceramic coating on my headers this winter. They'll be the same unpolished coat as my cars. I can take pics of that to give you an idea of the color if you'd like.

·
Registered
194 Posts
The question is, is that can the headers on our bikes handle the outdoor environment ie.. when it's piping hot and then it rains and the rain cools it down .... kinda like the effects of putting a glass that has hot boiling water into a pool of cold water causing it to crack. The coating looks great but how long would it last to the elements of nature. Car headers are within the engine compartment so it's not like it touches any type of rain water or dirt.

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
taurus574 said:
The question is, is that can the headers on our bikes handle the outdoor environment ie.. when it's piping hot and then it rains and the rain cools it down .... kinda like the effects of putting a glass that has hot boiling water into a pool of cold water causing it to crack. The coating looks great but how long would it last to the elements of nature. Car headers are within the engine compartment so it's not like it touches any type of rain water or dirt.
It still gets wet in the engine compartment.

·
Registered
944 Posts
I'll second that. my headers are a 4-2-1. The 2-1 section starts at the bottom of the block and travel 2 feet back to the cat. The last time it was on a lift they wiped clean, and they've been on for over a year.

Plus; a ceramic coated header runs cooler on the outside then a nonceramic.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts