Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Nibber
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if yall are experiencing the same exhaust pipe blueing as me? All four pipes have about 2.5 inches of blueing to them. Is this normal? Or a sign of a lean condition?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Normal...if you don't like it you can get a product called "Blue Away" and polish it off. Problem is unless you like to polish it will come back again & again.

·
Registered
30 Posts
FZ6 said:
Just wondering if yall are experiencing the same exhaust pipe blueing as me? All four pipes have about 2.5 inches of blueing to them. Is this normal? Or a sign of a lean condition?
It just goes with the color of the fastest one's......... the blue FZ6.
I wonder why they didn't make all colors just as fast

:blowme

·
2 As 1
1,121 Posts
Sure it is normal... Yes if a bike is running lean it will happen faster, but it happens to them all.

They really should be taking on a golden colour from all the ones I have seen except right at the start.

I use a product made by Honda which polishes up the headers really nicely (name escapes me at the moment, when I run out to the garage I will look for it) It's *supposed* to be better than blue away, but who knows. :)

·
Sportbike.net junkie
1,242 Posts
you guys are worried bout that little 2.5 inches??? jk. I have used polish on my down tubes and you are all right. The blue comes back. That and i have spots on my pipes where water hit the hot exhuast and changed the color a little. oh well no biggie. I can live with it.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
normal and you are fighting a never endind battle unless you like to polish

·
Registered
130 Posts
No blue after 300 miles just golden coloring on the whole pipe!

·
Sportbike.net junkie
1,242 Posts
charlieoneseven said:
No blue after 300 miles just golden coloring on the whole pipe!
Mine was like that until i got caught in the rain. The water left spots where it cooled down the pipes for a second. Now my pipes have permanent stains on them.

·
2 As 1
1,121 Posts
Ok just used the stuff again on my bike (was cleaning night)

I use Pro Honda Metal Polish. Makes them nice and sparkly, removes the bluing. Of course it WILL come back.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Not sure if you get the same some in America but I use a product called 'Wonder Wheels' which by the name is designed for cleaning alloy wheels but works great on the downpipes to get rid of the golden colour. Have water handy to wash it off often or put your hands in at it's lethal on open cuts etc. Then once in a while I use Autosol polish and the staining comes off quite easy.

·
Registered
205 Posts
calzor suzay said:
Then once in a while I use Autosol polish and the staining comes off quite easy.
Good ol Solvol Autosol, haven't heard that name in about 20 years, didn't realise they still made it.

Skippy

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts
Yeah, I got the golden look along with a little brown spottyness near the engine. I'm going to try to get it all cleaned up this weekend. Here is this place that specializes in coating exhaust pipes, so that you will never worry about having to clean the blue off again. This winter I will probably being sending my exhaust to these guy's to get coated, and then my seat to second-look to get fitted for a seat cover (if they haven't found another guinea pig by then).

·
Registered
95 Posts
For a few days now I have been checking everywhere possible to get something to get rid of blueing, but no one has any. Bike shops, hardware stores, auto performance...etc. Where can I buy Blue off or substitute? In Canada? Qualdoth, wondering if you have found somewhere in the GTA.

JoN

1 - 14 of 14 Posts