Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided on the Scorpion Exhaust now I need to pick which type. I was wondering if there are any real benefits or downfalls to the 3 different materials. I'm kinda leaning towards either the Stainless or Carbon Fiber and more towards the stainless. I also kinda liked the look of the titanium flame but I haven't seen anyone with a picture of it actually on there bike and wondering if anyone has it. If someone does I would appreciate some pictures.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Eww, flame... great if your bike is for circus use.

Seriously though, I dont' think there is any "practical" difference in the materials. Whatever looks nice to you will do.

·
On The Job
1,739 Posts
I read a article in a magazine a while ago about slip-ons. They said that titanium is brittle and can suffer from stress cracks. The carbon fiber might delaminate over time. I have no idea what the chances of these things happening are. I have stainless Scorpions but have not had them very long. I like the flame titaniums also. Don't have the cash for them though.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I'd think that the CF would not tranfer heat so the sides of the cans would be cooler. Might be handy if you have saddlebags or ride 2-up.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
CF are just stainless steel with some CF (is it even real CF for the scorpions, can anybody say for certain it's not "CF-Look" ...eww) sheeting glued onto it, I'm guessing. I'd be kind of worried about the delamination if this is the case.

I suppose stainless is the safest bet over the long run but it also introduces all of the additional pains in keeping hot metals looking nice.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Binary Jay said:
CF are just stainless steel with some CF (is it even real CF for the scorpions, can anybody say for certain it's not "CF-Look" ...eww) sheeting glued onto it, I'm guessing. I'd be kind of worried about the delamination if this is the case.

I suppose stainless is the safest bet over the long run but it also introduces all of the additional pains in keeping hot metals looking nice.
Its real CF on the Scopions :neener

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
I'm tempted to go Scorpion, but on the same note, I'm waiting for 4 mods to get delivered as it is... I have to slow down... :p

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Weren't you the guy who kept repeating how much you hated how the aftermarket exhausts looked and that you liked the stock exhaust? :confused:

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
I was, and I found Scorpions to be the least offensive and most stock-looking of them all. As with all things in life, things change and I think that getting a slightly better note out of the bike may be worth it soon as I have found some very reasonable prices on the Scorpions now.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
FZSilver said:
Weren't you the guy who kept repeating how much you hated how the aftermarket exhausts looked and that you liked the stock exhaust? :confused:
:lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts