Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i was thinking of trying to get this together maybe through starcycle or pipecity. whos interested and what are we all looking to spend? also what seems to be the exhaust that most are interested in?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,206 Posts
I think all of the aftermarkets are pretty ugly, but I'm starting to wish the bike was louder I'll admit. I can't figure out why they're all so expensive, either. How much of a discount do you think may be involved. I like the Devil's unbaffled sound, but like the rest, dislike the look (and the price).
 

·
Ride Naked
Joined
·
3,324 Posts
Ok, what's the consensus??? Does an aftermarket exhaust necessitate a Power Commander as well? What about if you keep the cat but change exhaust? I'd like to do an exhaust, but adding the PCIII really drives up the price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
419 Posts
I want the Two Brothers and the cone baffles. If im to choose someting else it will eigther be the Devils or Scorpions and prolly in carbon. Let me know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Re: Group Buy, I'm in...

Anything below the $360.00 dollar mark.

...Scorpion
...Arrow
...Two Brothers
...M4
...Devils
...Laser Extreme Quad Pipe ( I know, I'm dreaming)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
Binary Jay said,

"I think all of the aftermarkets are pretty ugly, but I'm starting to wish the bike was louder I'll admit. I can't figure out why they're all so expensive, either. How much of a discount do you think may be involved. I like the Devil's unbaffled sound, but like the rest, dislike the look (and the price)."


FAZR6 said:
You must me kidding, right?? :alky
I have to agree with Binary Jay, the aftermarket exhausts look horrible and this is the one thing that has kept me from even thinking about one. The stock exhaust is relaively simple and the looks are very unique. I can't see spending all that money for something that isn't engineered near as well and looks like an afterthought.

Hawk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,206 Posts
Thank you, Hawk. I thought I was the only one on this board that thought that thought this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Depending on the price I might be interested in Devil or Scorpion carbon fiber.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
128 Posts
Binary Jay said:
Thank you, Hawk. I thought I was the only one on this board that thought that thought this.
I really like the look of the stock exhaust as well. I just wish it sounded better...
 

·
Livin' on the Edge!
Joined
·
1,461 Posts
I think the stock exhaust looks like cheap plastic crap. I thought it was cool looking in pictures but when I actually bought my bike and saw one for the first time in real life, my first thought was - you have GOT to be kidding me. But I'm not picking on anyone so don't anyone take it personal. I'm not taking it personal that some people think my exhaust looks horrible either....and please, lets not get into politics...I'd rather remain friends.... :beer
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
341 Posts
My bike looks so much better now that i have my M4's on. And as for the engineering, the stock exhaust weighed about 35 pounds versus maybe the 10 pounds of my M4's. The sound is incredible with these aswell. I turn heads everywhere i ride now. We will see how the people at bike night like them tonight.
 

·
On The Job
Joined
·
1,739 Posts
FAZR6 said:
I think the stock exhaust looks like cheap plastic crap. I thought it was cool looking in pictures but when I actually bought my bike and saw one for the first time in real life, my first thought was - you have GOT to be kidding me. But I'm not picking on anyone so don't anyone take it personal. I'm not taking it personal that some people think my exhaust looks horrible either....and please, lets not get into politics...I'd rather remain friends.... :beer
I totaly agree. I always thought the stock exhaust looked pretty cheesy. A exhaust should not have plastic on it. But, everybody has their own opinion. Its all good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,206 Posts
Where's the plastic, have I just not looked hard enough?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,241 Posts
Aburke27 said:
My bike looks so much better now that i have my M4's on. And as for the engineering, the stock exhaust weighed about 35 pounds versus maybe the 10 pounds of my M4's. The sound is incredible with these aswell. I turn heads everywhere i ride now. We will see how the people at bike night like them tonight.
Kewl.. you went with the M4's...
Was I right about the sound??? Especially when over 7K rpm's....
Did you get the Titanium or CF???
How bout some pic's!!!


edit: ah.. I see by your sig. line you went titanium...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,070 Posts
Binary Jay said:
Where's the plastic, have I just not looked hard enough?
I think they're talking about the vented plastic heat shield. Personally, I hate the look of the stock exhaust, but the only aftermarket one I like is the Laser Extreme with the 4 pipes. Everything else seems to stick too far out the back.
 

·
Ride Naked
Joined
·
3,324 Posts
fraggle1 said:
I think they're talking about the vented plastic heat shield. Personally, I hate the look of the stock exhaust, but the only aftermarket one I like is the Laser Extreme with the 4 pipes. Everything else seems to stick too far out the back.

I love the Laser Extreme as well, but it sticks too far into the pocket book! :lol I had decided that if I didn't get one of them, I'd stick to stock, but if I stumbled upon something else for considerably less, I'd consider it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok so we are getting a little off topic here, but from what i can tell:
fazter
tecchrstn
ramcutter
generalpow

are all interested in getting something aftermarket.
i m ok with getting scorpions seems like thats brand we can agree on. now do we want to shoot for stainless or cf?

anyone else out there interested? the more people we get the more of a discount we can see.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
504 Posts
Here's my problem with all the aftermarket exhausts... They look exactly like all the aftermarket exhausts for all the other bikes, except in an undertail mount.

I won't go into whether the stock exhaust looks cheesy or not, that's a personal opinion. But I think we can definitely agree that it IS unique. It looks like no other exhaust out there. On the other hand, all of the FZ6 aftermarket exhausts (With the exception of Laser Extremes) have nothing unique about them. They look like all the other aftermarket exhausts you see on every other sport bike on the street.

I'd be happy to have a more raspy sound to my FZ6, but personally I also like the fact that the exhaust is unique. The FZ6 is a unique bike, it deserves a unique exhaust.

-Q
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top