Sport Bikes banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a heads up for all you fellow R1 brethren. If you decide to go with a full aftermarket exhaust, put some money aside for the Powercommander III. It is the only way to maximize the performance of your system and keep you running smooth. Another note- beware of K&N and other high-flow air filters with and aftermarket full exhaust. You can get some pretty dramatic pulsing at idle. I have a full Graves titanium system with a GYT-R high flow air filter and it does this. I called the guys at Graves(who are awesome by the way) and he said this is a frequent problem and they use the stock air filter for their race bikes. So once I get my ass in gear and open up the airbox I am going back to the stock filter. If it is good enough for Gravessport Superstock racing R1's(Gobert, Di Salvo, Hacking etc.), then it doesn't appear to be a big performance issue. By the way, R1's are KING- but you Guys and Gals already knew that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts