Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Sport Tourer
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I ripped the front fairing off of my EX500 to look at the frame for mounting a mirror. The frame to the mirror is bent too far to fix the metal cold. Now it looks like a torch could heat it up enough to bend the bar back, but I don't know. Anybody ever have this problem, and what did they do/how much did they pay? Thanks

·
Registered
981 Posts
a torch could be used to bend it back but only if used in the right area. thats probably whats gonna need to be done if its bent enough to where u cant fix it while its cold.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Just as a precaution I would check with the manufacturer to make sure that you won't weaken the frame. I don't know what it's made of but I do know that alloy's used in newer car frame's can't be gas welded because it will weaken the metal.

·
Registered
103 Posts
If you can't repair it, keep an eye out for used fairing stays (the piece which attaches to the frame and mirrors) on ebay. A new fairing stay is $109 on ronayers (part #11045-1816).

·
Sport Tourer
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha, torched it. Fixed it. Redlinger - it's not part of the bike frame, it's an add on. If it breaks/bends, well it'll be no worse than it was at the beginning. But for now, it's able to hold a mirror! w00t

1 - 6 of 6 Posts