Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
What kind of mods are you interested in? So far as suspension you can rig EX500 or GSX-R shocks onto the rear, and put some stiffer springs in the front forks. I really wouldn't bother trying to get more power out of it, just learn how to rail in the corners then in a few years jump on a more powerful bike and show everyone how it's done.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not looking for any major mods. That's pretty much my plan to upgrade after a couple of seasons on the 250. But in the mean time I want to get the most out of it that I can....I was thinking something along the lines of a slip on or maybe a jetted carb and filter. I don't think I'm going to worry about suspension. When my skills get to the point where the suspension can no longer keep up with me then I know it will be time for a new bike :)

Thanks guys,
Jayson

·
Registered
200 Posts
Race Tech Springs $109 +
Works Rear Shock $385 +
Fork Brace $125 +
Factory Pro Jet Kit $67 +
Muzzy $284 +

Might do all of the above because I wnat to keep the bike for about 2-3 more years. Got a stage 1 jet kit to install and ordering the RT springs. Pirelli makes the MT75 tire that fits the bike for about $135 a set delivered. Great tire. suspension is weak, so that's one reason for the suspension mods. The son is 150 and I'm 200 with gear. Great bike to run the mountians around here. Ya it's short on power but the curves are where it counts... :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts