Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna change the bulb out on my 04 EX-500....does anyone know the bulb number these take? I want to try to find a brighter one.. Too bad they don't seem to sell Silverstars in single bulb packs around here

·
Banned
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet, thanks man. I'm hoping to get some extra light because the coverage on these stock lights...well, it sucks.

·
Registered
981 Posts
HalfLiterBeater said:
Sweet, thanks man. I'm hoping to get some extra light because the coverage on these stock lights...well, it sucks.
i hear ya. its a nice wide beam, but u cant see sh*t 20-30ft in front of u. i usually ride around with my highbeam on if it gets real bad. other driver's flash their lights at me but screw em if i cant see.

·
Banned
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So it takes the "H4 ST High Performance Halogen Capsule"?

·
Banned
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok thanks guys. I'll be on the lookout for a bulb now.

Just for reference...I've messed with the rear fairings and such loads of times..but to access the bulb, am I going to have to remove the front fairing? And if so, is it just held on by screws and push-in clips like the rears are/

·
Registered
981 Posts
HalfLiterBeater said:
Ok thanks guys. I'll be on the lookout for a bulb now.

Just for reference...I've messed with the rear fairings and such loads of times..but to access the bulb, am I going to have to remove the front fairing? And if so, is it just held on by screws and push-in clips like the rears are/
theres 2 bolts under the front. there's 1 screw on each side that attach the fairing to the tank. and the remaining 4 bolts are from your mirrors (just unbolt ur mirrors). and off it comes.

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
Are these bulb types still valid for the 87-93 EX500's ??? I'm supposed to be getting a 91' soon and I figure I'd probably get an upgraded headlight...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts