Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got talking to a fellow SBN member tonight about going to the drag strip in the area. He asked me if I was going to run my 10R, to which I replied, "I haven't even tried launching it yet." So I go out to an empty country road and do a couple of launches. Well on the third launch as I was shifting into third, for a split second I see a few birds fly out of the ditch and then BAM!!! Next thing I know the left side of my visor is hanging down by my chin. So what happens when you hit a bird with your helmet at 120 mph? IT EXPLODES!!!

Attachments

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
atleast your ok looks like you got some cleaning to do

·
Registered
280 Posts
damn that some wierd shit. that would of freaked me out

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
f3psycho said:
Damn, how does your neck feel. Hope you are alright.
Thanks for the concern guys, I'm fine. As for the bike and gear, I cleaned it all as soon as I got home. Too bad as soon as I finished up it started raining and the bike soaked. So I had to wash it again! :mad:

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
your lucky it didn't knock your ass right off your bike.. glad your ok! oh and I might add.. :barf

·
Registered
15 Posts
Good to know it doesn't shatter! I would have thought at that speed that the bird would go right through the shield.

·
Midnight Rider
415 Posts
i don't know know how anyone failed to mention this but... that is NASTY! glad to hear you are ok :)

·
Registered
317 Posts
hmmm...did you taste any of it...that shite looks like it went EVERYWHERE!!

glad you made out alright though...

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
that's some f%*ked up sh*t, glad you are ok. I hit a buzzard once around 35-40 just grazed it enough to have it crap all over me and fly off. Much to the amuzement (sp ) of my friends.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
OUCH!!! Glad you are ok Jake--whew thank goodness it wasn't a really big bird!! Must have scared the you know what out of you though....

·
Kawpuke Extraordinare!
1,148 Posts
I smacked one Sunday afternoon on our ride to Missouri. Only going about 70 mph or so and it glanced off the top of my helmet right above the vents. Made a pretty good "ping" sound but didn't explode. Buddy said it went cartwheeling thru the air though.....

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Wow, just think, it could have knocked ya off the bike and I am sure sliding down a deserted road at 120 is no fun. Glad your ok :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hit one at 95 the other day. My buddy said all he saw was feather behind me. It just hit the top of my helmet I didn’t even feel it much. It more or less just freaked me out for a sec. It was funny I saw the bird for a slit second before it hit me and it was trying so hard to not hit me and it was like oh F*ck right before it hit me. HAHHAHAHHA lol.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts