Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bad news for me, I have to have one done this week.. Any experiences or horror stories?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have had 2 and they are not fun, no matter how good your dentist is. If they are good, the best you can hope for is no pain during the 4-5 hours you are in the chair. I sure take better care of my teeth now, thats for sure.
Good luck.

·
Registered
615 Posts
The first one I had done while I was in the Military. The Navy dentist didnt give me enough nova and it started to wear off halfway through the root extraction. Felt like getting stabbed in the head with an icepick.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Ask the dentist for percocet and you wont mind it much.

·
Crunnnnnnnnnnnnchy
3,067 Posts
My uncle is an endodontist... (could be wrong spelling)...

he does them, and specializes in them, he said to NEVER have your dentist do it. Get an endodontist and it'll be as painless and fast as possible.

Think about it... it's all they do.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had one when I was a kid. I got hit by a baseball and 6 months later the tooth was purple. I don't remember it being too bad, but I do remember seeing smoke and hearing an awful drill sound. Maybe it was so horrible I erased it from my memory!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Whe I got out of the ilitary I had a damn good dentist perform one and it was great I didnt even realize we had started when he said we were finished.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had one a couple years back. I didn't mind it at all. I think having a filling is worse than this. Little bit of drilling, little bit of scraping and done like dinner. Take some antibiotics for a couple weeks and that was it for me.

Kevin

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I've had two done and neither was too bad.

·
Banned
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow,.. I had mine done today.. This procedure is way overhyped, just like getting a filling done but takes a little longer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts