Sport Bikes banner

Ever done a road trip?

929 views 24 replies 19 participants last post by  Fabian 
#1 ·
Not quite a road trip but trip all the same.....

Me and a buddy said WTF last Friday and took off to Vegas for the weekend. It rocked. I have a few buddies I went to school with out there so we stayed with them on their floor. It was a cool time though. Anyone else ever do crazy spur of the moment shit?

#2 ·
Went to bike week at daytona this year and gotta bug up our butt to do key west

MISTAKE :spank

855 miles aint a big deal...it's the last 200 spent going 100 yrds at a time at 12 mph thru miami and the keys as millions and millions of morons traverse to the same place

DAGGONE why didn't anyone warn me about the:gheyfight in key west?

Attachments

#3 ·
I went to Calgary, Canada once (7hr drive from Great Falls, MT)- just because :dunno

#10 ·
Nevrsumr22 said:

Me and a buddy said WTF last Friday and took off to Vegas for the weekend. It rocked. I have a few buddies I went to school with out there so we stayed with them on their floor. It was a cool time though. Anyone else ever do crazy spur of the moment shit?
why didnt you call me, bitch? we coulda picked up some hookers in vegas. :headbang :flipa

CasterTroy said:
Went to bike week at daytona this year and gotta bug up our butt to do key west

MISTAKE :spank

855 miles aint a big deal...it's the last 200 spent going 100 yrds at a time at 12 mph thru miami and the keys as millions and millions of morons traverse to the same place

DAGGONE why didn't anyone warn me about the:gheyfight in key west?
uh oh caster, is that jeans and tennis shoes i see? :2eek

#12 ·
Yeah, I go on road trips several times a year ever since I got my car (two years in two months). I've been on 3 already this year, and am going to Washington, DC next Tuesday -> Monday. One of the things I'm going up there for is to ride / test-ride my friend's 2000 Yamaha R1 he'll let me have for super cheap since my bike was stolen. He's been riding for 20+ years, now 32, and rides an '03 Busa himself.

#15 ·
CasterTroy said:
Kramer!!!!! He have the magic walking stick too?
As a matter of fact he did. I think he was pimping some dudes though. He had a couple of guys with him that looked like they were for sale. Maybe they were just on his nutz though. I wish I got the balls to ask him for a picture but that might have been dangerous. I don't know how things work out there. There are a lot of do's and don'ts.

#16 ·
Done a few marathon rides. Mostly I used to take long weekends and just get lost on my chopper. I carried one change of clothing and wore one set while washing the other in a laundromat.
Really riding is why my chopper wasn't pretty for long, had exposed wiring (hiding your wires looks oh so cool until you have a short at 2am in Humpyersister, GA), and used turn of the century technology in a magneto. No battery. No electric start. No wiring harness. Just 5 wires front to back and a fork with no internals (springer). Not even rear shocks- solid struts.
Pulled the bike into a stand of trees and slept next to her on many occasions. Even started some small campfires by getting the front header red hot in lieu of a match.

#17 ·
In the summer between my 3rd and 4th years in college, 3 friends of mine and I decided to take a trip out to CA just for the hell of it. We got our plane tickets and headed west the next week. Left Minneapolis in 95F heat in shorts and t-shirts and landed in LA where it was 65! DISSAPPOINTED! The rest of the trip was great and we split everything 5 ways (a brother of one of the friends came too)..hotel, car, food, booze, etc etc. On the way back, our flight was overbooked so I opted to take a later flight in exchange for a free RT ticket. A few hours delay and I was home with a ticket voucher in my hand. Sold it for $200 about a week later (back when you could still do that). ahh the memories.....

#18 ·
Me and 3 other guys from Seattle went to Daytona Bike Week. Rode the whole way, that was 2002, at the time I had my TL100R and all my buddies were jealous because they had an R1, CBR929, and a R6. I was ALOT more comfortable on the ride, it was alot of miles, alot of time in the saddle, but a TON of fun and I wouldn't take it back for anything.

#19 ·
It's been awhile but I use to ride over to LA (not the city) for some good food about every other month, or go down to mexico for a couple of beers and margs.

#21 ·
Headed home one night in Mass, was just laid off, so a few of us went out and had fun that night. I got to my exit, and just didn't feel like stopping just yet. 12 hours later I was knocking on my cousin's door in Virginia. Went home about 2 weeks later, and found out everyone thought I may have off'd myself... Don't know why, I didn't even like that job.

#23 ·
Nevrsumr22 said:

I was that other buddy that went along...holy shit it was a 3:00 a.m. decision but one to never be forgotten. :headbang

#24 ·
I went on a road trip. mine kinda sucked. had to go to north hollywood for a wedding with a friend. 2 days before the trip her car broke down. somehow she talked me into takin my bike. 750 miles with a 75lb duffle and a chick b***** than me on the back. 21 hours to get there. the longest stop was 30 min in vegas for food. otherwise gas was the only stop. Ogden, Utah to North Hollywood, Cali. It sucked. THe only plus was she paid for the whole thing. i took 2 dollars down and came back with 3.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.