1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Roadracer since '96
1,911 Posts
Wow, what a newbie! :blink

·
Registered
26 Posts
This would probably be my scatter brain self if/when I start using tire warmers. Except I wouldn't be able to save it at the end.

·
the joke is in your hand
8,588 Posts
everyone is always in a rush when they call your group out. my brother forgot to fasten his helmet once. I can't remember all the times I've put my gloves on before I did my helmet strap and had to take the gloves back off.

·
Cheap Bastid
6,366 Posts
Ducati street rider.... just sayin :D

(And to all of you now butthurt Ducati street riders, I woulda made that comment no matter what brand it was... :D)

·
Roadracer since '96
1,911 Posts
Probably trashed the warmer too - good luck finding a place that will sell you just a rear tire warmer!

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I wonder how he took off the rear stand and didn't see that

Least he has a spare front warmer now :)
My guess is, foot in front of the stand's wheel and push.

I don't really look at my tires before I take my bike off the stand. However, I'm usually stretching my legs by the front tire waiting for third call.

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
They even can be slippery if the pressures are wrong, as I learned this week. Those pressures are important on race tires haha.

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
That's at JenningsGP. Poor guy. :lol I am laughing my ass off right now, but I crashed in the same spot when my lap timer fell down and got wedged between the forks or triple tree or something, and locked my bars after I started making that turn to pit out.

:facepalm

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
Note to self: be super careful at Jennings haha!

My friend did something similar this weekend. They were doing some work on the bike, and then decided to see how well the rear was spinning. So on the stands, in first, they just gassed it. The warmer was still on. It wasn't on much longer.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts