1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
no way to save this thread, he's gonna have to abort and retry... :lol

·
Registered
359 Posts
Yes. When wheelieing through the crosswalk full of kindergartners, he should have aimed for the fat one--er, big-boned one--and used him as a launch ramp, which would have helped launch him over the minivan instead of through it.

HTH.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hate everybody.

Well, since I can't post the .mpeg and the .zip is too large....

two r1 are following each other around a tight curve in the forest. the rear one's wheel slides out, catches, and fires the rider over the top in a highside.

He didn't change lean angle, this all happened mid turn. You can see how the rear tire starts sliding out. Is there a way to save it once that starts to happen?

edit:

your mom took the pic. she's quite talented at eliciting an O face from me :twofinger :) .

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
sounds like he let off the throttle, tire caught and away he goes......he's already in the slide......maintain same of not add more throttle......and turn into the slide....

he's either gonna lowslide (better then highside) or save it.......

·
Registered
104 Posts
I liked when everyone was making shit up better!

Yes, that whole situation could have been avoided if he had worn a rubber.

·
Banned
912 Posts
Or learned how to ride!

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
marsolais said:
Or learned how to ride!
not necesarrily, sounds like a common litre bike rider error and high hp 600ss bike riders make, applying to much throttle while the bike is leaned over to far.

similar to overloading the ft tire when leaned over, just w/ throttle vs braking.......overloading the traction avail......

·
Registered
501 Posts
LightWeaver said:
two r1 are following each other around a tight curve in the forest. .
I think that's the problem right there.

I would never ride a liter bike throught the woods.....

unless i was in the movie Torque that is!

·
Registered
308 Posts
LightWeaver said:
I hate everybody.

Well, since I can't post the .mpeg and the .zip is too large....

two r1 are following each other around a tight curve in the forest. the rear one's wheel slides out, catches, and fires the rider over the top in a highside.

He didn't change lean angle, this all happened mid turn. You can see how the rear tire starts sliding out. Is there a way to save it once that starts to happen?

edit:

your mom took the pic. she's quite talented at eliciting an O face from me :twofinger :) .
I know what video you're talking about. There could have been a number of reasons why he went down. He looked like he was a very competent rider, but happened to apply too much throttle as he was exiting the corner. His rear wheel started to slide, and he chopped the throttle. BOOM! The tire catches the pavement and highsides him to tomorrow. Common mistake. When the rear starts to slide, stay on the throttle and try to get the bike upright. Even if you can't, a lowside is much better than a unsuspected highside.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts