Sport Bikes banner

41 - 60 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
I haven't had a chance to ride it yet. But judging from the backfiring I would say some tuning will be needed.

·
5,547 Posts
I haven't had a chance to ride it yet. But judging from the backfiring I would say some tuning will be needed.
Back firing? Hmmmm? Didn't have this problem with mine. rayzzr explained to me that it may take a little riding for the bike to learn the new ECU. Good luck

:)

·
Registered
504 Posts
It smoothed out as it warmed up. Very anxious to check it out. Felt crisper on revving once warm though.

·
5,547 Posts
It smoothed out as it warmed up. Very anxious to check it out. Felt crisper on revving once warm though.
When's the last time you had a valve clearance check? What jets are you running? Me and Ray are running 120 inners and 118 outers with the clip on the 3rd notch of the needles and the fuel mixture screws are at 2 turns out.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Jets are what the dynojet stage 1 recommends, will have to look up. Mine are out more. I will experiment with 2 turns. All 3 of use have the same mods. Mine are in my sig.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Was able to ride around the block earlier. Even without the ECU having time to adjust yet you can tell the throttle response is better. Rolled on it a couple of times in first and the front end got light.

·
5,547 Posts
Was able to ride around the block earlier. Even without the ECU having time to adjust yet you can tell the throttle response is better. Rolled on it a couple of times in first and the front end got light.
Yep, I've had the front tire off the ground when shifting from 1st to 2nd and sometimes 2nd to 3rd. It depends on how hard you are on the throttle when shifting. Have fun! It's a great mod IMO.

·
Registered
504 Posts
What made you guys switch to the smaller jets? Mine is popping a little when cold but starts without choke now which it has never done.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Thought I'd resurrect the thread, I put a Euro ECU on my '99 ZX6R today and I noticed all differences as everyone else. I bought this bike brand new way back so I've been used to how it acted, the lack of engine braking and the extra pep feels like i have a whole new bike. I haven't noyiced any issues with the jetting yet, it had a stage 1 kit in it already. I got my ECU from a breaker in Yorkshire, UK for $40 USD shipped off fleabay. He had the "best offer" choice there so he took my $40 offer!!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
ecu without jets?

i have an 07 zzr600, with only a yoshi pipe, and just under 7000 miles on her, and i see that this helps improve the ride, so i was wondering if this would work without all the mods, that all of you have. Now i understand i will change a little, but i want to know if i have to get a jet kit? or any other mods for that matter. thanks all

·
5,547 Posts
i have an 07 zzr600, with only a yoshi pipe, and just under 7000 miles on her, and i see that this helps improve the ride, so i was wondering if this would work without all the mods, that all of you have. Now i understand i will change a little, but i want to know if i have to get a jet kit? or any other mods for that matter. thanks all
No you don't need a jet kit and yes it will work without all the engine mods that we have.

·
5,547 Posts
Did you guys check on eBay UK ?

41 - 60 of 85 Posts