Sport Bikes banner

21 - 40 of 85 Posts

·
5,547 Posts
I found one of these today and the part number is below. Can anyone verify that this is correct and if so then I finally found it and can get it ordered.
CODE: 21119-1557 J4T11572 9Y10
Yes it's correct! Didn't you read posts 6, 10, 11, and 13!:hide

·
Registered
504 Posts
I have considered this several times. Time to do it.

·
5,547 Posts
I have considered this several times. Time to do it.
Great performance at an affordable price. Rode down to "rayzzr's" house in Alabama two weeks ago. We ripped the bike apart on Friday night and rejetted my carbs. Left the clip on the 3rd notch and removed the shim from the needles. Went down from 124's inners and 122's outers to 120 inners and 118 outers. Left the fuel mixture screws at two turns out. Saturday Ray and I checked all of the valve clearances and mic'ed all the shims and replaced the shims that needed to be replaced from the shim kit to put the valves back into operating specs. Got her all put back together on Saturday and re-synced the carbs.

The bike ran great after the Euro ECU was installed, but ran even better after the valve job, carb rejet and oil/filter change. Throttle response in the mid and low RPM range is much much crisper. MPG is still in the 50 range. My favorite thing about the Euro ECU is definitely the lessoned engine braking. Really makes entry and exit of curves allot of fun!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Sounds great! I would love to have less engine braking. I can't remember what jets I put in, lol. Whatever the stage 1 Dynojet calls for. Will have to look it up.

·
Registered
377 Posts
well i just ordered one from ebay.uk .. lets see what happens when it finally gets here..

·
5,547 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Well here's the (embarrassing) fact why i didn't already buy one from ebay.. After searching for "21119-1557" on ebay and coming up with naaaaada, i decided to hit the little check-box that says "include description" .... hahaha

can you tell i don't buy shit from ebay very often ? They shipped from london on the 10th, so i'll see it sometime soon i hope.. I'm assuming its going to take at least 2 weeks, but i'm hoping it's sooner..

·
5,547 Posts
Well here's the (embarrassing) fact why i didn't already buy one from ebay.. After searching for "21119-1557" on ebay and coming up with naaaaada, i decided to hit the little check-box that says "include description" .... hahaha

can you tell i don't buy shit from ebay very often ? They shipped from london on the 10th, so i'll see it sometime soon i hope.. I'm assuming its going to take at least 2 weeks, but i'm hoping it's sooner..
Mine took two week to arrive. It came via Royal Air Mail. Remember it has to clear U.S. customs too. Here's some install tips.

*Remove the seats
*Remove the grab handles and rear tail plastic
*Disconnect the battery(very important)
*Disconnect the two wiring harnesses from the U.S. ECU.
*Remove the U.S. ECU with a 10mm socket wrench.
*Install the Euro ECU with the two 10mm bolts and the two wiring harnesses.
*Reconnect the positive battery cable.
*Put your plastics, grab handles and seat back on.
* Go ride!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Yeah good point about disconnecting the battery, common sense would tell me to do that, but my over-excitement would make me forget !

I'm assuming that customs and all would make delivery at least 2 weeks.

i'm assuming steps 10 & 11 are "enjoy" and "post your happy results"

While it's apart before i install the ecu, i think i'm gonna need to check my carbs. I always have to choke it a lil if the engine is cold, and i can't imagine that's normal.
When i bought the bike, it had to go straight to the service dept cause some knucklehead left gas in it at the dealership with no stabilizer. I haven't checked to see if the carbs have the factory plastic cover over the needles. So far it's been, shim carbs, sync carbs, k&n filter, ignition advancer, two brothers ..

I keep hearing about how people powerup wheelies (which i have zero interest in) i just can't see my bike doing it .. Less they are doing something totally different.. Either rate, i still love it !

·
5,547 Posts
I noticed the bike was a little more twitchy when I really get on the throttle hard from a dead stop. Especially the shift from 1st to 2nd.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Just installed mine, shipping was fast. Took maybe 10 minutes to switch them. Will ride and report back tomorrow.

·
5,547 Posts
Just installed mine, shipping was fast. Took maybe 10 minutes to switch them. Will ride and report back tomorrow.
:goody

·
Registered
377 Posts
Apparently, mine is waiting for me at the post office !

Tomorrow is my day off, 82 & sunny.. good times comin' !

·
Registered
377 Posts
giggles, good fun ! very happy with this little upgrade ..

oh yeah, and that little box under your seat.. it's not the ecu... i opened my package and went "wtf?!"

Then i vaguely remember rocket saying remove the rear fairing .. viola.. there it was ..

and a side note to Kawasaki. Next time, could you make the battery screw just a little shorter.. grrrrr.. I hate that [email protected]#$ thing..

Now it's time to check my needles, because i'm pretty sure they are not set correctly.

·
5,547 Posts
Well what do you think?

·
Registered
377 Posts
though i'm no Farsscf, i changed mine today as well.. Wife and i took the bikes out (she was on her nighthawk) ..

All i can say is the bike now feels like it wants to "go" all the time... when i let off the gas the bike is like "hey, come on, hit the gas again!" I don't know that it's any "faster" but it feels more like it's ready to pounce at any second..

In other news, i finally checked my pilot needles.. When i purchased the bike, it had to go to the shop because some jackhole left gas in it.. they reworked the carbs, yatta yatta.. I happened to notice today that the pilot screws were missing their plastic covers.. So i checked them out, and all of the carbs were set to 2 turns out .. I went ahead and set them to 2-1/2 .. Today it was about 80, and my bike displayed "---" in the temp guage.. And it started just fine with 0 choke.. This being the first time it's ever done that ..

·
5,547 Posts
though i'm no Farsscf, i changed mine today as well.. Wife and i took the bikes out (she was on her nighthawk) ..

All i can say is the bike now feels like it wants to "go" all the time... when i let off the gas the bike is like "hey, come on, hit the gas again!" I don't know that it's any "faster" but it feels more like it's ready to pounce at any second..

In other news, i finally checked my pilot needles.. When i purchased the bike, it had to go to the shop because some jackhole left gas in it.. they reworked the carbs, yatta yatta.. I happened to notice today that the pilot screws were missing their plastic covers.. So i checked them out, and all of the carbs were set to 2 turns out .. I went ahead and set them to 2-1/2 .. Today it was about 80, and my bike displayed "---" in the temp guage.. And it started just fine with 0 choke.. This being the first time it's ever done that ..
Some suggested effects of the Euro ECU:

Improved fuel economy
Smoother idle
Higher rev limiter
Improved HP/TQ
Lessened engine braking

FYI the pilot screw covers aren't made of plastic. There more like a brass plug that is installed at the factory. When I installed my Dynojet Stage 1 jet kit, the kit included a drill bit and a screw. You have to drill the plugs out, then you screw the screw into the hole you drilled into the brass plug and grab onto it with some needle nose plyers and wiggle it out. After I did my re-jet I turned them all to two turns out. Was running 124 inners and 122 outer with the clip on the third notch of the needle with one shim. Last month when rayzzr and I checked my valve clearances and installed new shims in the valve buckets, we re-jetted for a second time. Got rid of the shim on the needles and went with 120 inners and 118 outers on the main jets.

·
Registered
377 Posts
And you highlighted in red because ? Yes, i know that's an effect of the ecu, thats kinda why i bought it ..

Didn't know that plugs were brass, i've never had to take one out before, but good to know

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Raises the rev limiter 500rpm too

·
Registered
377 Posts
i'd imagine most of the torque is long gone by then right ?

21 - 40 of 85 Posts