Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a seat cowling for my 05 FZ6 and I can't find it at any of the american sites. The canadian site has it, but can I order it from yamaha canada or is there someplace that is importing FZ6 accessories?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I believe I have seen some of the Canadian guys on the forum here offer from time to time to buy and then ship for someone. May want to ask around.

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
Yeah, if you can get it from Canada, it shouldn't be too bad. It's the stuff coming from Europe that will take one nasty bite out of your bank account!

·
Registered
858 Posts
fizzygrrl said:
I want a seat cowling for my 05 FZ6 and I can't find it at any of the american sites. The canadian site has it, but can I order it from yamaha canada or is there someplace that is importing FZ6 accessories?
It was discussed last year that the quality of the yamaha seat cowl was not that good and the fit and finish was sub par for what you pay, I ended up going with the TCP one.
http://forums.sportbikes.net/forums/showthread.php?t=266236&highlight=tcp+seat+cowl
Also they have sold to many on the board here direct it was just not cheap and shipping costs sucks and the shipping time sucks too, we got a group buy last year so it saved a few of us here a few dollars on shipping then.
Good luck on what ever you decide.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was looking at the TCP cowlings but they didn't have a picture of the one for the fz6. I'll take a closer look at your picture. Thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
I was in England last Easter and stopped by a south coast Yamaha dealer to enquire about getting some european FZ6 parts. Steve, the owner said that they will ship anywhere and gave me a "Yamaha Genuine Parts and Accessories" catalog. He's a honest looking guy and I've not had any problems.

Also try looking at the parts on http://www.yamaha-motor.co.uk

Keys Bros
13 Southcourt Rd
Worthing Sussex
BN14 7DF, England
Phone 01903 236842 (If you are phoning from USA/Canada drop the 1st zero)
[email protected]

·
Registered
146 Posts
Just a thought, I looked into the pylon cover and found one out of Europe that was roughly $240 USD; i've seen a couple bike here with it. In looking at the picture I had the following problems:

1. It didn't follow the seat contour at all.
2. It had this funny little virtical bump on the top.
3. Rather than use the original butt stop that is on the factory seat they
gave it a forpad.

I didn't want to spend $240 USD on something that looked like an after thought and was clearly not well thought out in terms relative to design and effectiveness.

Stephen Hawk

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gojuFZ6 said:
I was in England last Easter and stopped by a south coast Yamaha dealer to enquire about getting some european FZ6 parts. Steve, the owner said that they will ship anywhere and gave me a "Yamaha Genuine Parts and Accessories" catalog. He's a honest looking guy and I've not had any problems.

Also try looking at the parts on http://www.yamaha-motor.co.uk

Keys Bros
13 Southcourt Rd
Worthing Sussex
BN14 7DF, England
Phone 01903 236842 (If you are phoning from USA/Canada drop the 1st zero)
[email protected]
Thank you, that is a great help!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts