Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
how in the hell could we tell you that? i mean c'mon man who here would know the bikes horse power AND lol quarter mile times...take it in and Dyno it then run it at a drag....let us know how you do.

·
Registered
151 Posts
ScrewDrvr said:
Bike is a 97 zx7r with a 850cc big bore kit, full exhaust, jetted. etc..etc, with all the supporting small mods.

Just wanted a questimate on what kinda rwhp and torque the bike will make now, also, what times should i expect at the 1/4?

I beleive the stock specs are like 101rwhp 50rwtq, and 11.2 @ 129 inthe 1/4? Is that right?
How much did you overbore the cylinder walls to get the 850cc?

SyntheticReality - the older crank and rods would be a stroker, not a big bore kit.

·
Procrastinator
36 Posts
An easier way to get a capacity boost with ZX7R's is to fit the ZXR750 crank to it...strokes the baby out to 820cc without having to modify anything.

Here's to Kawasaki and their modular design philosophy... :alky

·
Registered
475 Posts
stock specs are 73mm x 44.7mm

just boring the cylinders to get to 850cc's would be a bore of 77.8mm, or almost 5mm over stock. not too sure they could take an overbore of that much.

·
Registered
39 Posts
ScrewDrvr said:
Bike is a 97 zx7r with a 850cc big bore kit, full exhaust, jetted. etc..etc, with all the supporting small mods.

Just wanted a questimate on what kinda rwhp and torque the bike will make now, also, what times should i expect at the 1/4?

I beleive the stock specs are like 101rwhp 50rwtq, and 11.2 @ 129 inthe 1/4? Is that right?

HP - @ 138 - 145
TQ - @ 79 - 85

1/4 ET & MPH ? Depends on the rider

·
Registered
183 Posts
Omen child, what has to be changed besides the crank? Crank cases? connecting rods? I want to know how to build a stoker, but I need exact parts and instructions.

ZX7ROU812, please answer your PMs

·
Registered
151 Posts
Tiamat said:
stock specs are 73mm x 44.7mm

just boring the cylinders to get to 850cc's would be a bore of 77.8mm, or almost 5mm over stock. not too sure they could take an overbore of that much.
I've read that the engine only takes 1.5mm overbore while still being reliable. Some have apparently used 2mm overbore on racebikes though.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I actually like that the hugger and fender are a different color - I did the same to my bike. It breaks up the monotone color just enough to not look tacky. I think if you paint them the same color as the bike it'll just be too much of one color, especially if you lose the checkers. just my opinion though. it looks good as it is.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts