Sport Bikes banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to repaint my entire bike and i got a guy thats going to charge me round 1400 which i think is crazy cuz its white flat black and a green i want...if anyone has any idea on an estimate please help me out

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I've heard $1200 for something pro is just about right.

also different colours cost more.

custom colours will rape your pockets.

if its a solid colour it should be less then 1400.

if its a guy who paints custom shit then you'll pay for his time paint and grafix. if he's super good at it then that might be a base price.

also remember that ol' saying. time is money!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but im buying a new undertail and a new right fairing without paint on it so its already primered and ready to go plus ima take all the parts off so he doesnt have to and hes not a pro or nething hes just a guy that does all the cars at my work and he said hed hook me up but its going to be basic paint and im not getting any graphics on it im just painting diff areas diff colors soi just think hes tryin to rip me off he also said it would only cost like 600 for the supplies that means im paying him 900 just for him to spray it

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
this is what I say you should do. and you will hear this by many peopleee.

look around for another auto shop that paints. I'm very sure you could find a little whole in the wall place that will paint each plastic part for $200 you know a shop that wants to make a lil change. down side is that YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. the guy charging 900 just to spray will MAYBE have your bike looking wayyy better then the guy that will charge 400.

and remember there's prep for painting anything. he has to make sure its clean, sanded, since its new he's not going to look for damage. and shoot a couple clear coats after he's done.

best advice bro is to gather prices for four different shops and cheapest price wins. and remember if its a car shop don't be shy to bargin with the price. throw in that its a little ol' bike and he should decrease that price;)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Too bad you aint in the kc, mo area I'd shoot it for 200 and you buy the supplies. I got all the equip, I used to be a cert. paint tech. Hell I'd do for a hundo if you did the prep after I showed you how. Only charge that for the cleaning of the equip and a little for my time. But hey check with some auto paint schools or training facillities. When I was training they used to bring in damaged minivans and scratched up for us to learn on. They didnt charge anything to the owners to donate a car for 2 days to learn with. The paint was dupont and the quality of the shoot is still good cause the instructor would make us sand and repaint till we got it right. Just a thought to help save some $. But 12-1400 isnt that far off for quality job a known shop.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
understandable if its a quality shop lol but the dude does cars hes never done a bike before and its not even going to be painted in a booth lol....but i just got this new guys number im gonna call him up soon and see how much he would charge me for a job if its more then idk lol im bout to just go get some damn spray paint and go out it and take some clear coat over it lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts